Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KannibalPenguin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Teeth sharpening
    I was wondering if its possible to get my canine teeth sharpend into points? I haven't got around to asking my dentist yet...
    Need an answer =]
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jun 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Yes, but it looks a bit crappy and you'll probably end up biting your lip a lot.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
    As I have gotten older and my teeth have ground down more in the front and some of them are quite sharp. It hurts my tongue.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:14 PM
    It is possible, but you might have a tough time finding a dentist who will do it. Remember too, it's permanent, so what you think looks cool now, might not be so cool when you are 80 and have hair growing out of your ears.

Go to a good costume shop; they make fake "fang" teeth that are really high quality and attach onto your existing teeth without causing damage. Probably couldn't chow down on a steak with them in, but you'd get the look you want.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jun 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
    You can get them capped if they cause a problem, but caps are expensive so think carefully. Also, you might want to think about what a prospective employer would think at a job interview.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Lord_Darkclaw if the caps you refer to are what I'm thinking of (like veneers) you're right, they are expensive. The dentist also must rough up the surface of your existing tooth and shave it down to make the veneer stick. That means you can't take the veneer off and have a normal looking tooth later on. You could have a new veneer applied, but then you are stuck paying for it again!

I guess it depends on why OP wants sharpened canines in the first place...
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Dentist probably won't do it. The only places that probably would do it, would be a body modification shops like tattoo places if they don't do it one of them would know where you can get it done depending on the laws in your state.

But.. I wouldn't recommend it. Talk to your dentist and see how many problems they will tell you about if you get it done. Also if you ever do decide that you don't like it you will have to get caps which run about $800 a tooth and insurance won't pay for it and it might be hard to get a job that you will have $1600 to spend on cosmetics if you have sharpened teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Circular saw blade sharpening [ 8 Answers ]

Any pointers on sharpening circular saw blades, can a 3 cornered file be used, what about setting the teeth. Also how about simple tools for sharpening carbide teeth

Mower sharpening [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very small lawn service but want to keep my blades sharp. It gets expensive having a service company do it. I have a small grinder. What's the best way to sharpen them--in particular, is there a product that can somehow hold the blade and thus insure an even balance/sharpness? I

Sharpening a miter saw blade [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to sharpen a 10" miter saw blade? Is it easy to do? Or is it easy to mess up :) Kind of on a tight budget so would like to avoid buying a new one if I can. Thanks!

Sharpening mowers [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to sharpen the blades on a cylender mower.

View more questions Search