Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 08:35 AM
    How to conncet laptop to printer
    How do I connect my new laptop (Sony VAIO) to an existing printer (HP Photosmart 7150) on a wireless router D Link, DI-624) and wireless print server LinkSys, Wireless G)?
    manuprakash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs
    How do I connect my new laptop (Sony VAIO) to an existing printer (HP Photosmart 7150) on a wireless router D Link, DI-624) and wireless print server LinkSys, Wireless G)?
    The Wirless instale
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
    How is the 7150 connected to the network? Since it doesn't have built -in networking its probably connected to another PC. If its connected to a print Server, then it should show up under Add New Printer as a networked printer. If it doesn't get the IP address of the printer then add it as a Local Printer, but, when prompted, create a new TCP/IP port for it using the IP of the printer server.
    jgs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    How is the 7150 connected to the network? Since it doesn't have built -in networking its probably connected to another PC. If its connected to a print Server, then it should show up under Add New Printer as a networked printer. If it doesn't get the IP address of the printer then add it as a Local Printer, but, when prompted, create a new TCP/IP port for it using the IP of the printer server.
    Scottgem,

Thanks for answering my question!

I am a novice when it comes to the computer, so I'm not sure I understand your answer. I tried to "Add Printer" but it doesn't see the HP 7150. How do I find this TCP/IP? The computer recognized my newer wireless printer... is the TCP/IP the xxx.xxx.x.xxx number? Are they the same for both printers? HELP!!

jgs.
    TechProNow Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
    See this discussion: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/wirele...ting-8116.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Printer [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: when I try to print something I get an error how do I fix it?

Which printer should I go with? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been considering purchasing a printer that has the capability of printing onto DVDs and CDs, which I see Epson is really taking up on. Currently, I have a very nice Dell All-In-One Printer with LCD screen, etc... and it works great, but ALL cartridges must be bought from Dell, which tends...

Printer [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo Printer that I want to install on the Windows XP. When I get to a certain point of in the installing, it reads that if I continue it may impair or destablize the operation of the system. It will let me continue or quit. Would the Epson work with the XP?

View more questions Search