Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRENDABEASON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Immigration
    How do I go about reporting a person as illegal in this country??

I know a Brazilian who came to the US 3 years ago. His passport has since expired at the end of April. He has been to court for small possession charges, but he has gotten a lawyer to get the charges dismissed. I would like to find out how to start the process of getting immigration involved in this matter. Where I live, in NJ, there is an apartment complex that is FILLED with Brazilians. To my understanding, the only way immigration can come into the home is when they are called by someone to start an investigation. How do I make this process start? If someone can PLEASE email me @ [email protected]...

Ps... to the person who replied to my last?? thank you, and please, email me. I'd like to talk with you some more.. please.. thank you...

Brenda
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2007, 08:06 PM
    You can report them to Immigration services directly, or to the ICE inforcement.

But the fact there are 12 million or more, normally there is little done, even local jails merely release illegals normally since immigration won't even come get them. And of course depending where they are illegal from, many are back after a few weeks anyway.

The trouble is there is no one really stoping them from coming in, so as long as the gate is open they will keep coming.
    Expert

Jun 1, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Sorry I went to merge your two posts together, and seem to have lost your other post, sorry.

Please do not start a new thread in response to your original post, others reading it, can not follow what is being talked about,

Merely answer back on your original post.

But here is the contact info for ICE, actually Immigration services does not even want reports, they want ICE to be notified instead

Report Suspicious Activity:
    1-866-DHS-2-ICE
    1-866-347-2423
    BRENDABEASON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 08:31 PM
    So even if I call them, they aren't guaranteed to come out and take them?? Is it true they need a warrant for them in order to come and get them??
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 3, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BRENDABEASON
    how do i go about reporting a person as illegal in this country??? brenda
    I certainly understand your concern and I, too, have the desire to have all the illegals around me deported but I'm afraid that our government is pro-illegal immigration and that the problem is just going to get worse, not better. Ronald Reagan's solution to the illegal alien problem was to "legalize" them. His premise was that the problem would be solved by legalizing the illegals rather than deporting them. Bush and most of Congress seem to agree. Reagan's solution did not work but made the problem bigger. We're on the cusp of legalizing nearly 20 million more criminals (or more). If they came here illegally, then they were criminals the moment they set foot over the border. I guess the politicians feel that if they white-wash the criminal activities at the border then maybe someone will white-wash all the criminal activities in Washington D.C.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BRENDABEASON
    so even if i call them, they aren't guaranteed to come out and take them??? is it true they need a warrant for them in order to come and get them???
    Hello BRENDA:

I don't know why you are so intent on screwing over this individual. I mean, you didn't say he's a bank robber, and he's not even been convicted on the possession charge.

Snitching on people, especially people who are only trying to better their lives, is a pretty lousy thing to do.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Reporting illegals - what do you get out of that? I have changed my whole attitude on illegal immigration. Not that I encourage it, but no one can solve this situation anymore. If the people coming are criminals there, they will show themselves as criminals here. That is my theory. Cannot tell you how many illegals are caught here, not because of them being illegal, but because of their criminal activities. Then it is found out that they are here illegally.

I do believe most come seeking a better way of life. That most want better things for themselves and their families. However, you notice that it is the poorest of the poor coming across, then mix in the drug dealers and assorted criminals. It is not the wealthy coming, generally speaking.

But report this person. Maybe you will get lucky.

Jun 3, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello BRENDA: I dunno why you are so intent on screwing over this individual. I mean, you didn't say he's a bank robber, and he's not even been convicted on the possession charge. Snitching on people, especially people who are only trying to better their lives, is a pretty lousy thing to do. excon
    So where do you draw the line on what is "snitchable" activity and which is not? Some crimes are acceptable and some aren't? Being here illegally and dealing with drugs (2 crimes) is acceptable but robbing a bank is not? How about petty theft & defacing someone's property, would those two crimes combined be a snitchable offense or should someone be allowed to get away with those crimes but go to jail for shop lifting? Should you, Mr. Excon, be the judge of what is right and wrong or should your next door neighbor's opinion stand as the rule of law? We have laws in this country and all of us our bound to obey them or face the consequences. Mr. Brazil has broken two laws (that we know of) and should pay the penalty. If he shouldn't pay the penalty for these two crimes (as you assert) then why should any of us pay the price for any criminal activity? Let's just move towards total anarchy and chaos.

Jun 3, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I do believe most come seeking a better way of life. That most want better things for themselves and their families. However, you notice that it is the poorest of the poor coming across, then mix in the drug dealers and assorted criminals. It is not the wealthy coming, generally speaking.
    As millions come here "seeking a better way of life" (instead of improving their lives in their own country) the rest of our lives become a worse way of life. We have to listen to ultra loud mariachi music; we have to try to communicate with people who can't speak a lick of English; we have to press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish; we have to wade through sea of illegals when we go to the emergency room; we have to try to find ways to defend our immune systems from the antibiotic-resistant strains of diseases they're bringing with them to this land; our professionals have to compete with Mexicans who will do the job for much less (roofers, framers, truck drivers, masons, etc.); our children have to wear bullet proof vests when they go to public school; American taxpayers have to cover for the illegals who don't pay taxes; statistics prove that illegals have brought a culture of crime and a disregard for American laws. The list is much longer. Remember the Alamo!
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 09:35 AM
    But to answer your question, no, most likely if this person is not a drug dealer or a gang member or some real danger to the community, no they will not come get him. We have cases in Nashville where illegals have been arrests 3 or 4 times and just released on bail or released after they serve their time. Many have had several DUI, and it was not till someone was killed by the DUI driver that immigration even got involved.

Not wanting to sound like sterotyping, but we all know or see the groups of illegals that hang around certain places, like in Atlanta, there are normally 10 to 20 around Home Depo, that are waiting for someone to come by and hire them. Why they may work for 40 dollars for the entire day instead of hiring a carpenter for 10 bucks a hour.

So immigration could pick up 100's a day in every major city if they wanted to. Police in every town know where they are at. But the Federal Government even resticts the local police from even doing anything about it. Nashville has just recently asked permission from the Federal Government to inforce immigration by the local police.

So with that you may have lets say 20 immigration officers in a large city to do inforcement, so they go out and get 10 illegals, with that, then they spend the next day or two doing the paper work, and when those illegals go to their hearings, they have to spend a day or two in hearings
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson
    If he shouldn't pay the penalty for these two crimes (as you assert)
    Hello Action:

The trouble with you right wingers is that you can't read very well.

I didn't say that he shouldn't be punished. I simply said that she shouldn't snitch on him.

If you're going to argue with me, and I invite you to do so, please argue with the points I make. I'm radical enough for you, and I'll say plenty that'll piss you off. So, you don't have to make up stuff I didn't say.

excon

PS> I have no problem saying it, though. NO. I don't think he should be punished. The way to solve the border issue is NOT to arrest 12 million people and ship them off.

Jun 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Action:1) The trouble with you right wingers is that you 2) can't read very well. I didn't say that he shouldn't be punished. 3) I simply said that she shouldn't snitch on him. 4) I'm radical enough for you, and I'll say plenty that'll piss you off.
    5) So, you don't have to make up stuff I didn't say.
    excon
    PS> see #2) I have no problem saying it, though. NO. I don't think he should be punished. 6)The way to solve the border issue is NOT to arrest 12 million people and ship them off.
    1) Right winger or right doer?
    2) Apparently, I read you perfectly (between the lines that is) as you admitted that he should not be punished.
    3) The point I was making to you is this: At what point DO you snitch on someone? Obviously you would snitch on someone decapitating another person wouldn't you? How about if you saw a man molesting a child? Would you snitch? My point is that you can't pick & choose which crimes are snitchable and which are not. Crimes are crimes whether you like it or not. There's no grey area where each individual can determine for himself which crime is acceptable and which crime is not.
    4) Your radical opinions don't "piss me off" in the least. I believe in freedom of speech. You have every right in the world to be as ignorant as you please. It don't bother me none. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the reason you are so protective of our illegal alien, drug user is due to the possibility that you indulge in a little "reef" yourself. Your inability to reason and the conclusions you reach certainly support that assumption.
    5) Huh?!
    6) More like 20 to 30 million. Our forefathers had other ways of handling these types of problems and it wasn't deportation. I got an idea... since you don't like American laws and since you don't seem to have a problem with the third world mentality, I'm sure there is plenty of room for you in Mexico. No? You prefer it here? Why do you prefer it here? At the rate things are going the lifestyle that we currently enjoy will be a thing of the past... just a faded memory that you can pass on to your third-world grandchildren.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
    When you call they are going to want to know how you know this information and what proof you have. If you don't have written proof don't waste your time and even if you do you probably are wasting your time unless you have proof that he is doing more than a little pot. If you really want to do something about this go vote, write your congress person and let them know how you feel about it. If you live in city you might be able to go to a city meeting and voice your concerns. Your energy would be better spend bringing attention to the larger issue than just getting rid of one person.
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Yes, we got so mad as police officers, we would be working with someone who was here illegally, and have them on hold, but end up having to release them for lack of evidence ( or evidence thrown out, where you know they are guilty but can't use the evidence)
    With all of that we had those who were thefts, who were domestic abuse and more and immigration told us they were too busy to deal with them, that we were suppose to tell them to leave the county.

Not saying not to report them, but in the end, don't expect a swat team there anytime soon.
    chulieta Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2010, 07:52 AM
    I would suggest to mind your own business we are all descendants of illegals in some kind of way. Let it be, drop it, live your life and don't worry about others. Let the government take care of the illegal situation and if they are not taking ending the situation what makes you think you can? I'm sorry but like someone else says there are over 12 million, and one less will not make a difference. Our government is not doing anything about it because good or bad illegals do a lot for us! They flip your burgers, they clean your toilets, they hem your pants, do our yard, etc... if they are gone are you going to clean toilets or flip burgers? Are you going to take all those jobs none of us really want to do? Stop being stupid and let it go.
    illegalhater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 03:34 PM
    I hate illegals thanks goodness there's nothing I could do cause I would have got rid of every single 1 already with there american children and all...
    dijoekj Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 12:05 AM

Why you want to report that. Do they made any harm to you?
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 05:00 AM

Hello hater:

I hate haters.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:53 PM

Anybody realize this is a three year old thread?

Probably too busy hating to realize it - ?
    jawairiyakamran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 12:10 PM
    My uncle is a bully I don't want him in my house I'm a youg paki girl and I got special needs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you report Illegal Alians to the INS [ 11 Answers ]

How do you report Illegal Alians to the INS?

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Isn't it illegal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Have a look at this link, apparently every one who has a name and family name of a person can check the records. Is it possible, I think they are just spams, what do you think? http://www.peoplebackgroundchecks.org/index2.htm N

Is this Illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a loan with a company for about 4 years. The loan has completely destroyed my credit due to numerous amounts of deliquencies on my report (younger days). Anyway, I am in the process of purchasing my first home and am working with a Mortgage Broker. My Broker told me to pay the loan...

Illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. So I am 15 years old. And I have been dating this guy for two months now. Hes 18. A few people have told me that this is illegal. But others say it is not. Im just confused and would like to know if it is or not. Also do any of you know if it is possible for me to move out without concent...

View more questions Search