Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fiona78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Side effects of glutathione to your kidney?
    Can you help me?

I have been taking l-glutathione for 2 months now. The results were good but until I began to felt a stitching pain on my left kidney so, I stop taking this drug which also stop the discomfort. Does this mean that I L-glutathione can destroy your kidney as a side effect when taken for a long time? Please enlighten me on this. Thank you very much!:)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Different articles will say that there are no negative side effects:

"Toxicity, side effects, interactions, and contraindications

No side effects or interactions are known with oral administration of glutathione. There are no known signs of toxicity from glutathione. GSH and other thiols may be sensitive to redox-active minerals, and care should be taken to omit these from therapeutic preparations." That is taken from Glutathione | amino acid health benefits, dietary sources, side effects

I also read that one should not take Glutathione is one has diabetes or kidney disease. Are you making sure you are drinking enough water?

It is always best to go back to the doctor who prescribed l-glutathione to you. Beter safe and to know exactly what is going on than wonder what if.

Good luck.
    GrahamC Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fiona78
    can you help me?

i have been taking l-glutathione for 2 months now. the results were good but until i began to felt a stitching pain on my left kidney so, i stop taking this drug which also stop the discomfort. Does this mean that i L-glutathione can destroy your kidney as a side effect when taken for a long time? please enlighten me on this. thank you very much!:)
    I think you should talk to your doctor or medical practitioner about this to be honest :)
    ebet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fiona78
    can you help me?

i have been taking l-glutathione for 2 months now. the results were good but until i began to felt a stitching pain on my left kidney so, i stop taking this drug which also stop the discomfort. Does this mean that i L-glutathione can destroy your kidney as a side effect when taken for a long time? please enlighten me on this. thank you very much!:)
    I want to know if there is any side effect of taking l glutathione
    drexel6337 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 06:40 PM
    I am taking glutathione (via energy patches) and I have been wondering about this too, not because there is a direct glutathione irritation but perhaps since it has chelating effects, it is detoxing heavy metals etc from the body and can be a bit strenuous on the kidneys. My guess is that a lot of water will dilute the toxins and then after the detoxing is over, perhaps the glutathione will be helpful in healing the kidneys. This is all just a guess though. I would stop if you have kidney pain though.
    burkete Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Supplements Containing Glutathione Alone Will NOT Increase The Body's GSH Levels. It is pointless to purchase supplements that merely contain glutathione, because the digestive system breaks down ingested glutathione and it will not be absorbed into your system. On the other hand, MaxGXL™ provides the proper nutrients needed to promote the body's own ability to manufacture and absorb glutathione. MaxGXL™ also aids in liver support by destroying environmental poisons helping the liver to function as the main production site and storehouse for glutathione. Max Gxl Glutathione accelerator is a pre cursor glutathione. It means that it deliver your body components that need by the cell to accelerate or increase your glutathione in the cell. The result of the supplement increasing your glutathione up to 400% is verifiable and quantifiable hru blood test after taking it for 2 to 3 monthsaccording to Dr. Keller.

The fact is..
    “Your life depends on glutathione. Without it, your cells would disintegrate from unrestrained oxidation, your body would have little resistance to bacteria, viruses and cancer, and your liver would shrivel up from eventual accumulation of toxins.”

Glutathione: Essential Health A.I.D. – Antioxidant. Immune Booster. Detoxifer, Dr. Jimmy Gutman, M.D. FACEP

visit www.maxhealthywellbeing.com for more info about Glutahione precursor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Superfact side effects [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently started injection myself with 0.1 cc of superfact on a daily basis. Can someone please tell me the side effects of this drug? I have become extremely over-emotional. Is this part of the side effects? Thanks

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Pill and side effects [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I'm on the pill and I've herd a lot of storys about good and bad side effects of the pill. Suchas your oobs will grow and it will make you grow more body hir. Can someone please tell me about he different good and bad side effects. Thanks xxxx

Side effects on steroides [ 5 Answers ]

Okay my friend wants to do one cicyle of steroids just for a month or seomthing I'm telling him it's a bad idea and can him up but you guys tell me the side effects of doing this... he says to me all the side effects are for long time users not just for one cycle

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

View more questions Search