Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jefflander24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Front End Noise 2001 Honda Accord
    Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on some front end noise I have been experiencing lately on my 2001 Honda Accord. I thought it was a bad tire as I just had a set put on about 8,000 miles ago as well as having the front end aligned. I noticed a roaring type wum, wum, wum, wum, wum noise coming from the front end. I was told it was a left wheel bearing. I had both of them changed yesterday and it cost $350.00. The noise is still there and now the car is pulling to left while driving down the road. The noise is not a clicking noise or is it affected when I go around curves. You can hear it well at around 40 to 50 mph. When you let off the gas and let it coast it is not as bad but you can hear it. Also when you apply gas to speed up it is a little more noticeable. I fear it is coming fromt the transmission or front wheel drive unit. I noticed another person on this site has had the same problem. Any information would be great.

Jeff
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I hope you didn't pay too much for them to diagnose your concern. From what you've described to us, you have a "final drive" issue. What, in the days of yore, would have been referred to as rear-end noise. Many of today's cars are front wheel-dirve so have no "rear-end." What they have instead is a final drive. The loading and unloading of the final drive can produce the noise you've just described. You should ask for your money back as the repair performed didn't fix your vehicle. It seems they told you what the problem was and even their alignment after caused a problem. Name names?? Good luck!

Btw: read my profile, please and keep me informed.
    dmanhondaaccord Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jefflander24
    Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on some front end noise I have been experiencing lately on my 2001 Honda Accord. I thought it was a bad tire as I just had a set put on about 8,000 miles ago as well as having the front end aligned. I noticed a roaring type wum, wum, wum, wum, wum noise coming from the front end. I was told it was a left wheel bearing. I had both of them changed yesterday and it cost $350.00. The noise is still there and now the car is pulling to left while driving down the road. The noise is not a clicking noise or is it affected when I go around curves. You can hear it well at around 40 to 50 mph. When you let off the gas and let it coast it is not as bad but you can hear it. Also when you apply gas to speed up it is a little more noticeable. I fear it is coming fromt the transmission or front wheel drive unit. I noticed another person on this site has had the same problem. Any information would be great.

Jeff

Jeff - have you been able to figure out the problem with your accord? I have the same problem with mine and can't figure out what is going one. Please advise. Thanks.
    dmanhondaaccord Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Jeff - please post here if you have the answer. Thanks.
    jefflander24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Just wanted to post the answer to my question for everyone who has the same problem I was having. It turned out to be my transmission was bad. Luckily I had bought this car as a certified used car and it had a warranty on the drive train for 100,000 miles and it was covered by that. But just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.
    Billlaugen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Where do I fill manual transmission oil on a 1996 Civic EX?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Billlaugen, remove the 17mm Fill Plug (33 lb.-ft.) on the side of the transaxle. It's located just above the Drain Plug (29 lb.-ft).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord 2001 - transmission problem ? [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2001 Accord Ex automatic transmission with 64,000 miles. Since couple of weeks I see some problem in gear shifting. The problem shows up only for 2-3 minutes in the morning when I take out the car from parking. The car jerks when I stop. It does not go beyond 20 miles per hour. Yesterday...

1999 Honda Accord Front End Noise [ 3 Answers ]

1999 Accord EX. 130,000 miles, 5 spd manual trans. Lately a noise has been coming from my drive train. It is sort of a "wum wum wum wum wum" low-pitched sound that occurs only (and always) when moving and increases with speed. It is not a tire problem. I have rotated and inspected the tires...

2001 Honda Accord Troubleshooting Codes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair my car with the following codes? P0700, P1456, and P1739 Thanks Calvin

2001 Honda Accord Ex Coupe Trans/electrical? [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 2001 Honda Ex Coupe That Gets Regularly Stuck In Park. Have To Cycle The Ignition And "stomp" On The Brake Pedal Numerous Times To Get It To Shift Out Of Park. There Are Numerous Lights On The Dash On Also. They Are Random In Which Ones And Length Of Time They Stay On. I Don't Know...

View more questions Search