Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortyred_78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Do you need to menstruate to get pregnant
    Hi I'm 29 and I want to start a family. I was on ortho tri-clclen for 5 years and got off them in January I have not gotten my period, I was just wondering does a woman need to get her period in order for her to get pregnant? Do I need it to try and have a baby?:)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
    May want to go to your obgyn and get meds to initiate you cycle. No you cannot get pregnant unless you ovulate. No egg no chick
    shortyred_78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    may want to go to your obgyn and get meds to initiate you cycle. no you cannot get pregnant unless you ovulate. no egg no chick
    Thank u so much i will call the doctor soon like i was supposed to last week to get the pill to start my menstruation.
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Hiya I am having the same problem I haven't had a period in 10months
    Went to the doctors and have had tests done and have been told by my doctor just because your not having periods it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. You just have to be ovulating, you can ovulate and not have a period
    Melissa
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
    That's what I said no egg no chick
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
    So how do you no when your ovulating if your not having periods

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Can I still get pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: we're trying for a baby, every time we have sex he ejaculates, but when he pulls out his seaman comes out a few minutes later, will this stop me getting pregnant or reduce our chances of conceiving? Please help:confused:

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My name is lisa an I'm 19. I missed my period for 2 months now. In January I did start my period but it only lasted for 1 day and then stopped. I didn't have a period since. It is now the end of feb. I usually have my period the last week of every month. I took a pregnancy test last week and...

Am I or could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 22 years old an recently married. My husband and myself have decided to start trying to get pregnant.My period was supposed to come on the 26th of January which would have been Monday. It didn't come! I have been off the pill since the end of November! I took a pregnancy...

Could I still be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I am over two weeks late for my peroid, I have taken two pregnancy tests and both say negative,could I still be pregnant or is there something wrong with me? Please help!!

View more questions Search