Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dedesunshine Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I have a bubble on my eye ball?
    Hello,
    My eyes have been giving me trouble lately. Itchy and red and sometimes watery. My right eye is really swollen and red/bloodshot. I am having some pain in it too. I looked in my eye and there is an air bubble (that's what it looks like anyway) on my right eye. It looks really gross and its kind of sticking over my right lower lid (where some women put their eye liner). Does anybody know what this is?? What should I do for it? Should I go to the Dr asap? I have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes if that may have something to do with it.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    DeDe
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
    This could be caused by a number of things. Diabetes also causes trouble with seeing but I do not know if it would cause the eye to be red. Maybe you have pink eye, those are some of the symptoms of pink eye. There is some eye drops (Visine and others) that will help the burning and itching also and it works GREAT! You may want to see a dr about this also and give him your symptoms so that he can can diagnose you properly because this could be a more serious problem!

May 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
    I have done a little research and have found out that you could have a cyst or tag on your eye and it can be surgically removed or this can also be caused by pink eye also. Pink eye, or red eye usually occurs only one one eye only! I don't think that this is caused by diabetes but I think something else, please see a doctor so that he can provide you with better advice!
    dedesunshine Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Thank you for both answers. Most of the redness is on the right side of my eye ball. The bubble is on my eye ball it started small and now it has swollen to my lower lid. It seems like an air bubble of some kind on my eye ball. Weird hu?

May 26, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Yes, maybe you have an infection of some sort.. I am not sure though, I am sure a dr can tell you immediately what is wrong with the eye. Keep me updated on any info that you find out! Thanks a lot for the helpful rating and I hope that others will contribute as well! :)

Update: There is another post similar to this one that I was reading where someone had a air bubble in there eye and the doctor gave him some steroid eye drops for the eye and it took about 2 months to go away and the redness also. Maybe this is what you have and it will be simple to treat but I would have it checked out because most likely it is nothing!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:47 AM
    Eyes are both sensitive and precious. See a doctor ASAP. Better a false alarm than losing your sight.
    imawhort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 10:29 PM
    I have one too. This is the most helpful thing I've found. I also have pink eye though. [I think]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlyctenule
    mecha2040 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Before you go to the doctor try this, make a news paper cone, you would need a second person to help with the second step, make sure you can see through the hole in the small side of the cone, have them put the small end of the con in your ear the one side were the air bubble is in your eye, have them light the big side of the cone on fire with a lighter, hold the cone up while in your ear, and let it burn down, your helper should see puffs of air coming out of the flaming side of the cone, if it does puff, you might just get rid of the air bubble. It worked for me when I had the same problem, if it doesn't work contact your doctor immediately, eyes are one of the most important parts of your body, take good care of them. Good luck!!
    care000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 11:17 PM
    Holy ****... no one knows what they are talking about on this site. They wanted help with a question and if you don't know the answer than don't answer! A bubble on your lid is called an eye stye... you can look it up to find out more info but will either go away on its own or much faster if you use a hot compress. As for the red part it could be anything but no one on this site is a doctor, including me, so instead of wasting your time go see a friggin doctor. Speaking of a waste, my post is 2 years late but it felt good to type this...

Everyone else, thanks for coming out.
    heyfrankieboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 01:06 PM
    Comment on care000's post
    Dude - learn to read. It's ON THE EYE NOT THE EYELID. You don't get a stye on your eye.
    heyfrankieboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Comment on mecha2040's post
    When do we sacrifice a small furry animal? Is this a medical newsgroup or voodoo?? This may be the most cockamamie thing I think I have ever read!
    bubbleeye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Help! I woke up this morning and while getting ready for work, I looked in the mirror and saw a bubble on my eyeball. You guys here have not been helpful at all. Stop commenting!! I need to find out what this is about. I do have type 2 diabetes. I'm making a dr appt.
    AO915 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
    The same thing has happened to me. My right eye as well. At first my left eye felt pain and started getting red, in two days both eyes became extremely red. My doctor said it looked like pink eye so he prescribed me anti biotic eye drops, they worked but my eyes are still a bit red and improving really slow. It's already going to be a week with these eyedrops tomorrow and earlier today as I was inspecting my right eye, I pulled down the lower lid and noticed something that looked like an air bubble. I don't know what it is or how I got it. Tomorrow I'll go see my doctor but I am extremely worried. Visine eye drops have really helped a lot, they burn a lot when applied and as weird as it may sound, the anti biotic eye drops don't hurt at all. Hopefully by now you have received the answers you were looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubble on the Eye [ 17 Answers ]

A couple days ago a bubble appeared on my actual eye ball in the white area on the left eye. Its annoying, uncomfortable and giving me a lot of greif- causing headaches and all the rest. It disappeared for a day and has returned only to be bigger.. I am worried I might go blind ha I don't want...

A bubble in the eye? [ 4 Answers ]

My husbands been sick for the past 2 days now. His eyes are red and have been really itchy. I just took a good look at it a few minutes ago and he's got what seems to be like a bubble of air forming on the top layer of his eyeball! It looks somewhat like a blister but I think its just air in that...

Bubble toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Our toilet bubbles and double flushes after every use. Is this something to be concerned about? Should we call Rotor Roter? :eek:

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

View more questions Search