Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milton Jr Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

May 24, 2007, 09:50 AM
    What does "Pet Peeve" means?
    I'm learning English and would like to know what this expression actually means?

Thank you! :)
    babydoll365 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 24, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Pet peeve means it's something that irritates you, makes you angry/ annoyed.
    My pet peeve is people who interrupt. I hate people who interrupt someone when they're talking. They need to learn manners and wit their turn. Anyway... hope that helped you. Bye.
    Spider-Girl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Something that pissed you off. Whatever makes you mad or annoys you. Man I sure have a lot of those :D -Spidey
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
    The phrase "pet peeve" comes from the word "peeve", meaning something particularly irratating or annoying. The first printed usage of "pet peeve" was in 1911 so the use of the phrase is fairly recent considering language history. When you have a pet peeve you have a very favorite irration to complain about. We all have at least one pet peeve, some of us have more. Lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Confused over what "time" really means [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I were together for over a year. He is an independent filmmaker and I'm finishing up my last year at university. We had a great relationship and I'd stay over at his place four days out of the week and over all holidays and semester breaks. We'd share bills and time with each...

Word means "reply quickly" [ 17 Answers ]

I remember that I have read and look up in dictionary a word which describe an ability or characteristic of a person (maybe a little child) who are able to reply (in communication) very quickly and clever. I read that word long time ago and now I need it. However, I cannot remember it and I...

View more questions Search