And red, pink, yellow & gray wires

The Remote has:
    The black & white wires for the motor,
    And ONE blue wire for the lights

How do I wire the fan to the Remote?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Connect receiver to black and white. Find the colors for high speed operation, connect to receiver.
    Blue will go to receiver for light.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Ok, are you attempting to replace the remote receiver that came with the fan with the new Harbor Breeze receiver?
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 05:29 AM
    In addition to my earlier post, Or hopefully more clearly.
    Black and White from ceiling go to remote black and white. Would think black, white and blue would be to fan and light wiring.
    Red, pink, yellow and grey sound like fan control. Leave wires , put switch on Hi speed, on fan.
    And control from remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I do not think you are correct, but I have not seen everything.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Ceilingfanrepair, sometimes I will address or say things to get them(The asker) to elaborate. Some of these are difficult, as you know. I am new here, and I appreciate all the help you give these people. I almost want to say. If it is a fan problem, Go to your sites you recommend, and info you provide. Most problems would be solved there.
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan remote control issue [ 8 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote control. The battery died on the remote. I replaced the battery but get no response from the ceiling fan from the remote. I can see the light on the remote go on when I depress a button on the remote. No change in lights or fan speed. I...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - Disconnect Remote? [ 1 Answers ]

My home is wired for a 3-way switch for the ceiling fan light, and a 2-way switch for the fan motor. I purchased a Harbor Breeze model Exetor fan with remote. I'd prefer not to use the remote. Can it be installed to operate from the wall switches only without the remote? Thank you

Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Control Wall Unit [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have purchased in the past about 3 "sets" of the Harbor Breeze Remote Control Wall Units where you have both a remote control that controls the light and/or ceiling fan, and also a wall unit (that you put in place of your regular light switch) that can also be used to operate...

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

View more questions Search