Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flybytheseat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Staining whitewash furniture
    I have a whitewashed occasional table set that I would like to stain a dark color. In the essence of time, I am looking for the least lengthy process... Do I have to strip, sand, etc..? Can I lightly sand and add stain? Is there a quick method? HELP?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 01:00 PM
    If it's the kind of whitewash I am thinking off, then just sand and stain. You will get a great effect if some of the whitewash is still left. Play with it first where it isn't noticeable.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 03:28 AM
    In addition to the fine advise above, I would like to add that I have found much success in doing a light sanding and staining of furniture that is finished in a lighter color using a darker stain that is lacquer based.
    fstwrtr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 05:07 AM
    I would add that going over the table with a product such as "benite" by daleys will ensure the stain absorbs evenly after sanding, otherwise if the table is made from a soft wood, you will get a blotchy look

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown staining when period was to come [ 1 Answers ]

I am 23 and sexually active. I am not on the pill. My periods aren't alwways regular. This month I was supposed to get my period on the 26th. It is now 2 weeks late. Strange thing is that around that date the 26th, I've been getting a little bit of dark brown discharge everyday. I took a...

Concrete staining [ 3 Answers ]

Can concrete be acid stained with fiber mesh in the mix.

Siding staining [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older house built in the 40's with 12 inch beveled cedar siding. Under this is the old traditional 3/4 inch shiplap. Over the shiplap is tarpaper. I have noticed weeping and dark stains on the siding and would attribute this to probably no vapour barrier. What can be done, if...

Blue-green water staining [ 4 Answers ]

There is a marked Blue-green stain that develops in the shower stall, less so in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I'm assuming it is a reaction triggered by the hot water. I'm also asking not just because it requires more cleaning, but my hairdresser says that it also creates a layer on my hair!...

Exterior concrete staining [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stain outdoor concrete patio slab. For a warm stain look. Tips?? :cool:

View more questions Search