Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzanneldennis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Minimal hot water flow to shower
    Hot and cold water runs freely from the faucet to the tub, but when the shower is turned on, the majority of the hot water continues to run from the faucet to tub and not go up through the shower. No problems with cold water. What is wrong and can I fix this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 18, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Where's your diverter located? On the spout or in the shower valve?
    suzanneldennis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 03:55 AM
    I believe in the spout.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by suzanneldennis
    i believe in the spout.
    Somthing's not right here. If the diverter was in the valve body I could see the hot water being blocked by a clog in the hot side leading to the shower raiser.
    However if the diverter's in the spout then BOTH hot and cold are directed to the spout and the opening to the tub's closed off and the HOT AND COLD water's diverted to the shower raiser. There's just no way a spout diverter can separate hot and cold water. Go back and check the diverter and give me the brand name and type,( one handle or two/three knobs).
    Back to you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water Takes Too Long To Flow [ 8 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this problem? I and my suite downstairs have a problem of having to run the water for a really long time before the hot water flows out. We are wasting so much water while waiting for hot water. Sometimes it even starts luke warm then goes cold and then finally hot. We...

Hot water slow to flow. [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my hot water take so long to get hot. This only happens in my bathroom and takes about two minutes before the water gets hot. I have a new hot water heater all new plumbing. Prior to this, my hot water only took about thirty seconds before getting hot.

Hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

Have problem with the bathtub hot water, The cold water comes out of all the faucets in the house OK, The hot water comes out of all the faucets OK also but the bathtub. It comes out in a crawl. Really slow almost none. But the cold comes you great. What is the problem? Is it the pipe the...

Help ! Lost More Hot Water Pressure/flow ? [ 3 Answers ]

I did as it was explained to flush/drain my hot water heater in the attic and guess what it plugged off MORE, so now I have not much more than a thick pencil stream at my bathroom faucets (ALL) I really didn't see a whole lot sediment in the drain water but I throttled the outlet and inlet water...

Hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the hot water tap on the flow is normal for about 1 min, then it starts to slow down and eventually stops. I turn the tap off and then back on and it does the same again.

View more questions Search