Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frank77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Do I have Shingles or bed bug bites?
    I noticed numerous little bites scattered mostly all over my back and all over in my armpits. I also have a few bites on my legs and arms as well, and have a little red lump/blemish under my left eye and near my right nipple that won't seem to go away. The bites are about 2-3 days old now, and the only bites that have caused major irritation and actual pain are in my armpits. The bites on my back are very red and look irritated, but don't itch that bad and don't seem to be scabbing over. I've looked up symptoms on shingles and bed bugs, and I have symptoms of both and was wondering if anyone out there had any insight on what I might have and how to treat it.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Ryan
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Let me ask one question first, okay?

Have you ever had chickenpox? I am not saying this is chickenpox, but you don't typically get shingles unless you have had chickenpox as a child.

May 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Yes, I have had chickenpox, and I did also see that was one of the precursers leading to shingles in older adults who may have a weakened immune system or people facing a lot of stress. I have had chickenpox, but I am only 28 right now, am a very healthy person (diet and exercise), am in very good health, but have been experiencing a lot of stress lately.

Ryan
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Is this that you are experiencing VERY painful?

May 15, 2007, 01:50 PM
    The only real pain I am feeling is from the numerous bites that are in my armpits. Its not excrutiating pain, but does hurt to the touch (even with direct contact from water in the shower). I mean, I can't even put on deoderant because that hurts. Otherwise, none of the other bites (on my back, face, chest, arms, legs, etc) really hurt or itch for that matter, but I do feel like I've been a little weak lately, and have had slight headaches the past couple of days.
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Well, bedbugs are not as common as many people think. You should probably get into the doctor for an exact diagnosis and proper treatment.
    Lambiejo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 05:39 AM
    From my experience with bed bugs was that their bites are itchy and the bumps(may be clustered but normally in a line) are larger than in Shingles. Their bites are only painful after they were scratched. For Shingles, the bumps are more tiny(clustered with no pattern) and in about 3 days, tiny blisters appears and they are painful(sharp pain, and like little cramps). I experienced both bed bugs and Shingles.
    keepkate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 08:03 PM
    That's shingles. My first case was when I was 20, so yes young people do get them. I've had my run in with bed bug bites and their bites itchy like hell, but they don't hurt. Pain from touching the skin near, or adjacent to the break out zones is very common. Shingles pain is way more painful under the arms and on the stomach than it is on the back or legs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shingles [ 4 Answers ]

Can you get shingles in the genital area?

Shingles [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been miserable for 3 weeks. For 5 days I had unbearable pain and thought I had the flu. I took a lot of ibuprophen for the pain and slept for 3 days pretty much non stop. Then I went to work for two days and a small rash appeared on my back. I thought it was wearing a new pair of...

Shingles [ 4 Answers ]

My concern is the shingle virus in a swimming pool would the virus be in the water if someone went in with a blister and if so how long would it remain in the water? Thanks

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

Massive bed bug bite cluster? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I recently moved into a room where the landlord "neglected" to tell me that they had bed bugs even though he knew before. I have been getting bitten maybe 3 times a night, and then last week I was bitten in a one inch patch of skin over 20 times... or so I though when I counted the little...

View more questions Search