Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sledingham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Glue removal.hardwood floor
    Any special solvents to remove flooring glue from hardwood flooring... or home remedies?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Is this glue on the top surface of the flooring or the bottom side?
    sledingham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 11:15 AM
    It is on the surface... wifes brother glued Stairs and has glue on top surface.. and on wood railing from his hands
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Don't let the wife's brother do the repair, he's done enough. Most solvents will ruin the finish if the hardword was done with varnish or even poly. You could try mineral spirits first, it should be fine on varnish and poly. Try a hard plastic putty knife and try to push the glue into a lttle ball.
    orchid7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 11:40 PM
    We just took out two layers of tile to reveal the honeycomb tile floor in our bathroom. SOS pads and some muscle did the trick to get rid of the glue!

We just took out two layers of tile to reveal the honeycomb tile floor in our bathroom. SOS pads and some muscle did the trick to get rid of the glue!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Concrete wall, tile glue removal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a concrete block home built in 1952. The walls are all concrete block with a rough finish on them. I believe it is also concrete, or mortar spread on the walls as a finish. I've chipped some if it away when removing my iron tub last year and it looks like it's spread concrete to...

Hardwood flooring glue on sheetrock [ 1 Answers ]

We just had hardwood floors installed, and some of the glue got on our door jams and sheetrock. Do you have any suggestions for getting it off the sheetrock. We have started scraping it off the door jams, and will probably sand them and repaint, but I'm not sure what to do with the sheetrock. ...

Removing glue from just-installed maple hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed new maple flooring. I used PL400 glue under to start the first few rows. How do you get the excess glue off the floor safely? I tried Goo-gone, varsol, stain be-gone... nothing works. When you touch the floor, your finger prints remain and will not come off. :confused: ...

View more questions Search