Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Rare meat containing blood?
    My friend is convinced along with his family that rare steak does not contain blood but is just meat juices. I am convinced that it does contain blood. Does rare steak contain blood?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
    I'm afraid not, almost all blood is drained from the cow at slaughter. The blood red color in the beef is due to lots of oxygen holding cells in the muscle (myoglobin), not blood cells.

Most of the juice that you get off is water (beef is 3/4 water) mixed with some of the proteins.
    Joshan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
    My dad still believes it at least has some blood even if its mainly water and proteins. There is still at least some blood left right?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Well yes of course there will be a tiny amount, but the vast majority is not blood.
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

May 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
    How can they possibly drain all blood from capillaries? I could understand major veins/arteries...
    crazyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2010, 09:53 PM
    They stun the animal (cattle with bolt guns, smaller animals with an electric shock through the brain). This renders them unconscious, but they are still alive. They are then hung upside down and their jugular vein is sliced. The heart is still beating, so almost all of the blood is drained from the body.
    howesa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 11:28 PM
    They get vampires to suck out the blood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vintage Rare Fetish Necklace [ 1 Answers ]

I obtained a vintage fetish necklace. I need to find an expert who can help me place an appropriate value on the piece. It seems to be raw carved turquise in the shape of feet and hands with an eagle or winged form about 2-3" long and 1" high with a woman with outstretched arms on the main piece...

Turkey burgers or meat loaf recipes [ 13 Answers ]

I decided to try something different and I enjoy my meat loaves. I have used beef, and beef and pork mixed. Never ever with turkey. Does anybody have any recipes? Thank you in advance. Joe

Selling rare US coins on eBay [ 6 Answers ]

I've attended trade shows, visited coin dealers, done all of my due diligence, but have been unable to come up with a reliable source for wholesale rare US coins to sell on eBay. I prefer to sell PCGS or NGC certified rare coins, as those bring in the most money. Does anyone know who I can contact...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search