Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snapdragon Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

May 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
    My dad's fever won't go away
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical condition, but I'm really worried. Can anybody give us any home remedies or advice? Thanks a lot
    Adoredevotion Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Snapdragon this must be really hard for you. Is there any reason why your father won't take the medicine other than he feels he is strong and can kick this on his own? Typically a fever is the bodies way of telling us there is something wrong and it needs attention: whether that be rest, more fluids or even medications. The best thing I can recommend and I only speak from experience as I went through something similar with my dad is encourage him to take his medicine. If he won't take it for him tell him that you are truly worried for him and ask if he would take the medicine for you. Sometimes when something like that is said especially coming from a child holds a huge impact. I hope all gets better with your father soon and please keep us updated.

Take Care
    Adoredevotion
    snapdragon Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

May 10, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. He actually went to the hospital this morning and it seems that he's almost better. His fever went away and he just feels really drained now. So, I guess that shows us. I guess he still is as healthy and strong as he thinks he is.lol. Well, thanks for your help and support.
    Adoredevotion Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Glad to hear all is well! -Adoredevotion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old with fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 year old has been running a temperature for the past couple of days. Motrin does help keep it down, but I'm concerned because he keeps complaing of having something in his mouth. Periodically he will start wimpering and tell me "get it out mama" and when I tell him that nothing is in his...

Dad's rights [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do if my 6 month old daughters mum only lets me see my baby for a couple of hours on a Saturday and won't let me look after her over night? :confused:

My Dad's Weimaraner, Magnum [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to all this so let's just cut to the chase. My Dad adopted a male Weimeranaer (I don't remember how to spell it) named Magnum. He's so adorable! They (my Dad and step-mom) live in an apartment, they used to live on the third floor but they now live on the ground floor. But Magnum has...

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

View more questions Search