Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GoatsRox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Taming Goats
    [F] I just bought a doe and her two kids. I can sometimes put the mom but I can not even get near her to kids or her sometimes. What should I do?:)
    Birdiesmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Aren't goats awesome? My friends call me the goat whisperer so, I am going to tell you what "should" work.

Get a baggie full of Cheerios and chair. Put aside a half an hour EVERYDAY to go out and sit among the goats. Start by tossing the Cheerios out to the Mom. As she gets more comfortable with you, hold out your hand with Cheerios in it.

Another good thing to do is say a specific word when she eats the Cheerios. I always say "Mama" but, you can say "Treat" or anything you want. As time goes by, she will be waiting for you to bring her a treat or she will come when you say the word.

Of course, the strict rule with goats is that they will always do exactly the opposite of what you want them to do. Wink wink! So, just be patient. Once Mama falls in love with you, babies will too!

Best wishes and enjoy them! I look forward to hearing how this works for you!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
    I have adopted a large male goat ,and his baby.They are still somewhat on the wild side,but they are coming around slowly.I can let them out of their cage,and they will go back in when I tell them.The male is an afghan and needs shaving,so I hope he learns to like me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to tame goats [ 9 Answers ]

We recently bought a Boer cross momma and her two babies. The kids are approximately 8 weeks old. I have two daughters who want nothing more than to love on them and play with them but the kids keep taking off! We bring treats and momma is fine but babies still pretty skittish. Any ideas?

Goats [ 1 Answers ]

Can you over feed a goat kid? The reason I ask is because I have one that it seems like he eats constantly and his stomach keeps on growing but the rest him seems to be staying small. Am I feeding him the right feed or should I be doing something different?:( I feel really bad about this and I...

Anybody know about goats? [ 1 Answers ]

I am very concerned about my goat. After being pregnant at least two weeks longer than the normal gestation period, she finally delivered one live baby and one long-dead baby this morning. She'd gotten absolutely huge. Massive. I'm pretty sure she has an infection, but there are no vets out here...

View more questions Search