Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gurubhai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
    91 accord, won't start
    Hi there,

I have 91 accord LX that sometimes doesn't start at all. I don't hear any clicks to indicate starter problem when I try to start it. The problem usually occurs in the afternoons. It starts without any problem in the mornings. I tried to check for ECU codes, but I didn't get any codes at all. Could someone please help me figure out what the problem is? I was suspecting bad spark plugs, but not sure. Also, can an old timing belt cause this problem as well? I am not sure when it was changed last. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
    I would likely replace the main relay and igniter, based on age, mileage, and symptoms described.

Reading sections A and B below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My '85 Honda Accord Won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know much about cars at all, so please forgive me if this doesn't make much sense. I own an '85 Honda Accord. The battery light came on, and I continued to drive it for a few days not thinking anything of it. Well I pull into a gas station, and when I go to pull out it wouldn't start. It...

92 accord no start cranks well [ 1 Answers ]

My 92 accord has spark and has fuel to the rail. I am thinking it is a map sensor, because when I hold the throttle wide open and spray starting fluid it seems like it wants to start. Tank is full, I hear the fuel pump and I hear, and checked the main relay. This is all while hooked up to jumper...

96 Honda Accord won't start [ 15 Answers ]

Well, my wife parked her 96 Accord wagon with VTEC engine in the garage and apparently left the headlamps on. Battery appears to be dead. Used the shift release lever to get it out of park, since there is no room in the garage to do anything, and towed/pulled it out of the garage using our other...

95 accord EX won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Increasing more often, the 95 Honda EX would not turn over as if the battery is weak or dead but it's not. Try a few times and wait a few minutes and it starts. Any one has similar experience?

My Honda Accord Will Not Start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a accord 19991 dx model 4 door and will not start I have had to make spark happen at starter and hit starter with hammer and then will start but it does sound weak. I am not sure if it is the starter itself. I have heard about starter relay. I might have to take to honda for fixing but not...

View more questions Search