Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cissygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 09:37 AM
    How do I get a office cleaning license
    [F]I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)
    tombb25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
    I believe you would start this like a normal business, I didn't know there was a special license that you need. I have a couple people that go to my church that run this type of business and when they were recently unavailable the youth pastor's wife did the job for them for a month, so I'm not sure if there is any type of special license or certification is necessary.
    derrick22894 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cissygirl
    [F]I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)
    Im trying to do the same thing but having the hardest time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Where I live, and that would be in Illinois, you do not need a license to clean businesses or homes or any place else. Being bonded is also not a necessity. But, it is something nice to put on a business card. It may be possible that you do need some sort of license to clean where you live. But, I don't know.

One thing that you absolutely must have would be insurance. Find an insurance agent that has many carriers in order to find the one that has the best coverage and is also reasonable in price.

I am entirely self-employed in various ways. Have been self-employed since 1974. Also, have never had anyone ask me if I was bonded. There have been times when people have asked me if I had insurance for the type of work that I was doing.

Recently, I asked my attorney about how to be bonded. He said to talk to an insurance agent. Again, I have never been bonded. It has never been an issue. Almost all of my work is done in people's home.

What really does matter is your reputation and the references that you have. And, I don't necessarily mean references geared exclusively to what you have done in your cleaning business. Do an excellent job for someone, and the word will spread. Ask customers if you may use them as a reference.

I know that you have not asked about it, but another thing that really matters is advertising. One way that you can advertise for free is on the Internet. If you do a Google search for Clough Quad Cities, you will see my ads dominating the first three or four pages in the search. All of the ads are free.

I wish you well in starting your business! Anymore questions, please let me know. One of the things that I also do is clean houses.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cissygirl
    You can go to SBA: WHERE TO OBTAIN BUSINESS LICENSES, scroll down to your state and browse around or call about the license. Most times, cleaners do not need a license, but they do need to file a DBA with the state. This is essentially used to let the government know you are opening a business.

Good luck!
    Stacy
    Start Your Own Small Business With Professional Business Forms And Support - Home
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 11:05 AM
    If you look at the date of the original post, I would think that the original poster has probably found an answer to their question by now. I'm not meaning to say that the answers that people give from here on out are bad in any way. But, chances are that the original poster will never see them, especially if they have only posted once.
    supervisor44 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 04:59 AM

I live in Ks and I went back into business for myself,I didntg not need a license,however I did ghet 5000 in bond insurance for $100.00.
    Go to:Surety Bond Approvals in "24 Hours" Good or Bad Credit and check it out
    oleannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 07:46 AM
    I want to find out how to a cleaning license for business. What do I need?
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 03:49 AM
    Old and now archived thread that is attracting piggybacks.

If you have a separate question that's not in anyway an answer to the very first question at the top of the page, please start a new thread..

Thread is now CLOSED.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting office cleaning business. I have researched almost every aspect of the business. I have tried getting in touch with some buildings but unable to get in touch with the right person handling the cleaning contract. Who do you think should I ask for? Should I ask for building manager,...

Office 2003 vs office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so my new tablet laptop has a 3-month free trial for MS Office 2003... my ? Is, if I create a bunch of documents in Office 2003, will I still be able to work/edit them in Office 2000 once the 3-month trial of Office 2003 is over?

Office cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

1. How do I get started? 2. how do I get clients? 3. how do I determine pricing for job? 4. how to bid? 5. what business forms do I need? 6. how do I apply for small minority business grant?

Starting a office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking into starting my own office cleaning business. My question is when your first starting and you have NO current customer's to use as references. How can you tell a potential customer that you have NO customer's at this time, and at the same time assure them you can do the work? ...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search