Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Apr 25, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Today's her Birthday
    Hello everyone!

Today is my ex's birthday. While we've been apart for over 6 months and I'm completely over her. However, I would like to acknowledge her birthday, as it is a big thing to her. I haven't had time to go to the post office (as a load of projects have me going insane!), but I can today. I was wondering if sending her a text saying happy birthday as well as a card would be overkill.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Apr 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I take it she broke up with you. I guess if you ended on good terms why not. If she did something bad to you in the relationship to hurt you, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction that you still care for her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Seeing how far you've come as far as being healthy, a card or a text is okay.
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Apr 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    I take it she broke up with you. I guess if you ended on good terms why not. If she did something bad to you in the relationship to hurt you, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction that you still care for her.
    I wouldn't call it good terms (but I was the dumpee), but I'm over her and look back on those times with fondness, not regret or anger. She didn't do anything terrible while we were together, and I do care about her (and I don't find that changing anytime soon).

Thanks talaniman, I really have come a long way, thanks to generous people like you! :D
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I think a card or a text message would be fine.

I mean, what gal wouldn't enjoy that on her birthday!
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Today's society [ 18 Answers ]

In today's society I have found it very difficult to find a woman that likes herself most of the girls I've dated have had a significant amount of flings to relationship ratios and most of them tend to tell me these things without me asking its almost as if most of them have a guys mind like they...

Today's job hunting [ 1 Answers ]

How might a positive attitude be an asset in job-hunting even when an applicant sends out countless resumes without being called for an interview?

The uhs of today's society [ 7 Answers ]

Why do teenagers, mainly female teenagers go " Stop-uh! Oww-uh!"

Job hunting in today's market [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone help me with a good topic sentence for "Tips for job hunting in today's market"

View more questions Search