Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zulu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 08:07 PM
    How to become intelligent person ?
    Hi...

How can I be an intelligent person.. so that I can give proper suggestion,ideas and views to people... about some issues ?

Sometime I can't identify any problem on certain issues...
    But my friends can identify very quickly and give suggestions...

Pleaase help me..
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 23, 2007, 08:10 PM
    There will be certain things that you are better at than others. Example J-9 is a medical genius. And so on, you will find your nitch, just remember to be diplomatic, with your answer.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Have you heard the saying " Jack of all trades master of none"

Much better to work out your niche'

Everybody can have an opion on everything yet we are all expertise in something.

As they say on who wants to be a millionaire " The answer is easy but only if you know it"

Stop trying so hard if we all knew everything there would be no reason for discussion!
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Read and listen -- some times the fastest answer is not the best -- it's the thought out answer that wins. -- Savage
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:06 AM
    Read! Read! Read!

Find a subject that you are really keen on and read everything you can gets your hands on about that subject.

I'm a dummy, kicked out of school at 14 but thank God I loved books!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Just think about things a little more.

Follow and read up on things that interest you. Take courses to learn skills that you would enjoy to learn.

Listening is very important. I don't believe that reading is particularly important, but that's just me.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Apr 25, 2007, 02:12 AM
    I agree with the many other good posts, find your niche, it will come to you.
    Though there is also another good saying, "Opinions are like a$$holes, every has one and they all stink." :rolleyes: :D Not everyone will find a particular fragrance appealing, but that shouldn't stop you from sending it out on the breeze, if you feel so inclined. Speak what you feel -- some will agree with you, some won't. Diversity is what makes life truly interesting, particularly when it comes to opinions. :)
    dun03150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Go to the doctor
    sandalwood7 Posts: 129, Reputation: 25

Oct 6, 2009, 11:03 PM
    It sounds as if you are talkingabout developing insight am I right?

Here are my suggestions:

READ READ READ (as said above) Reading books about just about anything, especially novels, people, history, philosophy gives such an incredible amount of insight over many years. Very rewarding and one of the things that makes life worth living for me. Read about people's lives.

Always think about what it must be like to be another person. Try and put yourself in their shoes (situation, life, experience)and imagine what it must belike to be them. This is one of the things that makes people insightful. Some people are very bad at doing this and we could all do it more.

Don't be judgmental about others, their lives, their choices, their mistakes. WE ALL HAVE MORE IN COMMON AS HUMANS THAN DIFFERENCES.

Be open minded.

Make it your life'spurpose to try and understand human nature.

Realise that we all automatically assume a lot of things to be the undeniable truth. Whereas many of these things (ideas, institutions, explanations, goals, societal norms, political systems, schools of thought ) are actually human-made (Human constructs) and therefore cannot be separated from human nature (includes flaws like selfishness) and cannot and should not be revered/respected blindly without questioning.

Respect logic and education and knowledge. Realise the limitations of emotion, faith and human nature and the human brain. I don't want to offendanyone here this is just my opinion and what has helped me to understand the world.

Try and understand philosophy.

Respect intuition realise its role in our lives.

Listen to people who know more about things (anything:especially people that are knowledgeable in a certain areaorwho have life experience) than you do.

Ask questions. Be inquisitive. Ask Why. Crave to find out about how things work? Why things are the way they are? Why people do the things they do etc. Theer are many questionsto be asked of the world.
    krishanaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:47 PM
    If you want to become intelligent.. then you will have to make yourself open minded...
    Remember onething.. and emptly glass can get water.. so always.. put your mind open to learn and to get useble things..
    Do respect others.. and their opinon.. listen them.. carefully. As a good listener can learn a lot of things..
    Decide your target everyday.. so you can make your slf busy whole the day..
    Try to use.. effective words in your language so every one ld like to hear...
    avg9rown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Sponsored Links

Though you may think that each of us is born with an "intelligence quotient," or "IQ," it is possible to expand your level of intelligence by undertaking a variety of activities throughout the course
    Of a lifetime. It makes no difference how old you are; the more you keep trying to learn, the stronger and healthier your brain can become.

Research shows that brain neurons actually can continue to increase in size and length due to intellectual stimulation. But the opposite also is true; when a person stops trying to learn new things, the brain stops growing. A recent study revealed that a group of people who kept their minds actively engaged in learning new things helped to stave off Alzheimer's disease, while the other group that let their minds go idle had a higher incidence of Alzheimer's disease.

If you want to become smarter and preserve or extend the health of your brain, here are some possible activities to try. If you don't care for any of these, think of some on your own. (The mental exercise might help!)

1. Read a new book. Pick up a book by an author you haven't read before. Your brain will be challenged to interpret the writer's style and message as different from anything you've encountered before. Much like deciphering a new code, your brain will kick into a higher gear, picking apart sentences and ideas to glean their meaning. If you can't read an entire book, get a magazine that you're not familiar with. For example, if you typically read sports articles, reach for something about the home. Or if you enjoy fashion reading, look for a publication about animals or nature. You'll have fun, strengthen your mind, and become more intelligent, which in turn will make you more interesting to talk to.

2. Take up a creative hobby. Practice water color painting or landscape art; get a book or two that tells you what to do and how to do it. Experiment with calligraphy or learn sign language. Register for a cooking or cake decorating class. Join an online writers' club and post your short story, poem, or film script for others to read and critique. Try out a new fashion style after reading reviews for it in newspapers and magazines. Start a crochet group or knitting circle. Begin a family scrapbook.

3. Get involved with sports. While physical activity may seem totally unrelated to intelligence, they're closer than you think. Browse the Web to learn more about the exercise you're interested in starting. Or pick up a sports magazine and keep current with ongoing developments for the process, competitions, equipment, cool-downs, etc.

4. Enroll in a class. At the local high school, community center, or college, get registered for a subject that you want to learn more about. For example, study a foreign language, sign up for algebra or accounting, or learn something about geography, Asia, Shakespeare, or psychology. Make a list of some of your long-time interests and then find out if there's a class for one of them.

5. Plan a trip. Take a weekend to explore a nearby historic site. Or prepare for a week in Tibet, China, or Yucatan next summer. Simply finding out all the steps you need to complete, such as getting a passport, checking on immunizations, and looking into climate conditions to plan your wardrobe will teach you a great deal about a new place. Get a few books on the language, customs, and laws. Then have fun enlarging your brain and becoming the life of the party as you share your newfound knowledge with others.

Becoming smarter need not be a dull process. It can and should be fun, meaningful, and rewarding. Get started now and don't be surprised when you start attracting more people who want to become your friends because they find you quite fascinating!
    medumu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 05:30 AM

How to reason logically

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Intelligent vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me how the fuel level in a vehicle tank be measured? What sensor can be used? What other features can be added in order to automate a vehicle? Is the electronic lock system be added & how to give information to user mobile when a burglar tries to open it?

How would finding intelligent Life on other planets effect Religious beliefs? [ 62 Answers ]

This has been touched on in a few threads from time to time. I am interested to hear some different point of views on this. If we were to discover intelligent Life on another planet, how would that effect religious beliefs? Does it help to prove or disprove certain religions?

Intelligent Design & Evolution [ 190 Answers ]

Ok I know that this is a contentious issue, but I believe that it needs to be talked about. This has been mentioned in other threads, but I thought that it was time for a thread of its own. The main problem that I have is how can Intelligent Design (ID) be taught as a SCIENCE when it is based...

Intelligent design [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have a question . Please help me on it: Stephen jay Gould thought the best way to argue against intelligent design as the origin of modern flora and fauma was to focus on such oddities of nature as a whale fetus's developping and then dissolving a comlpete set for teeth, in contrast...

View more questions Search