Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reneac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I need a legit at home job!
    Are there any legit at home data entry,typing jobs. Better yet are there any companies that are hiring at home workers
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Why don't you investigate your own home business if you have a decent computer. I am sure there is an overload at some offices and they would have to hire temp help to take care of it. If you were competitively priced you could probably make a go of it.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
    More people are working at home now rather than commuting to and from work and I imagine as time passes, there will be more "work at home" opportunities but be forewarnded... for every 1 legitimate truly realistic "work at home" opportunty you run into, there are 999 other's that might be legit but one cannot realistically make an income from. Let me try to remember any real life examples... know one medical transcriptionist that is an employee of a hosptial and the commute through heavy traffic back and forth is about one hour each way. So they let her and others work online from home. Have a brother who is a self employed residential appraiser, he works at home, no need to rent an office, mortgage companies give him business, he goes out to look at the home and other comparable homes, goes back to the office and does what he has to do to compile a written appraisal for the lender. I could work at home in a line of work I do, (surety bonding) but it's not something I can make a decent living at - nothing but "pocket change". Seems to me that you really need a special skill or expertise to make a go of it, maybe I am wrong, but that's my sense of it. Maybe others can chime in and give you some real life cases that work.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Most of the people I know that make a living and work at home had a job with a company in a position for years before getting the opportunity to work from home.

My sister was a grant writer for years, but put in 6 years before getting that chance. A daughter of a client of mine is a mortgage originator and works 80% at home and the rest at the office. I am working on obtaining my real estate license so I can break the 9 to 5 thing. There is stuff out there, but most of it requires having a degree or history with the company.

This site WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms has a lot of info for women that want to work from home.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Here's a real case interesting story that I am personally familiar with... Father working at job that only made ends meet barely, Mom wanted to help, she found a "job" (career) selling life insurance, doing fnancial plannig for families (not fee only planning, rather commsion on products sold), and hiring others to do the same. He quit his job, stays home with the kids, she gorsses around $350,000.00 per year and sets her own hours as she is self employed. Her brother in CA (she's in GA), does the same except he grosses over $1,000,000. - I tried it but like about 98 out of 100, I just didn't have the get up and determination they had.
    music_mom30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 10:31 PM
    If you are interested in being your own boss and owning a business, but working completely from home, I learned how to become an internet marketer through Wealthy Affiliate. I realize you posted this awhile ago, but if you are still looking I highly recommend this site, it is helping a lot of people achieve the "work from home" goal. Visit http://www.wealthyaffiliates.we-pay-it-forward.com
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Thread is old, archived and sufficiently answered.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out if a company is legit? [ 12 Answers ]

I recently thought about starting my own business! However; trusting in a company overseas is abit difficult.. they have a trail order which I can order a few items.. So, that seemed OK.. but, the shipping charges are included into the price and they want the money first but , then they send the...

Home base job [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I want to know do you know any company offering home base work via internet or sending work to home please sent the web site of a reliable company Thank you

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

View more questions Search