Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajaydesai Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Faucet leak from middle hole - leak under cabinet
    I hired plumber to install new faucet on my kitchen sink and bathroom basin. He did a good job with it, but while he was installing them he did not use silicon putty under the faucet gasket. I told him or remind him to do that but he still didn’t do it and told me you don’t need grout under new millennium faucet. Now here is the PROBLEM: every time water goes behind the faucet at the base of the faucet on top of the sink, I get leak from bottom. It is from middle hole. What do I do now?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I would be surprised if your plumber would not come back and fix this for you. The millennium faucet can be installed without tools so it will be a quick fix for him.

Apr 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Water is going inside the mounting plate from base of the sink. There is a hair line gap between mounting plate and base of sink. Water leak from the bottom, from middle hole.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2007, 12:53 PM
    The plumber should come back on a no-charge recall, but if he won't then loosen the retaining nuts on the faucet until you can pull it up 3/8ths inch or so. Now roll out a small rope of plumbers putty silicon jel and place it under the lip of the faucet. Tighten everything back up, remove the excess and change plumbers. Good luck, Tom

Apr 20, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    The plumber should come back on a no-charge recall, but if he won't then loosen the retaining nuts on the faucet until you can pull it up 3/8ths inch or so. Now roll out a small rope of plumbers putty silicon jel and place it under the lip of the faucet. Tighten everything back up, remove the excess and change plumbers. Good luck, Tom
    Very little space to get to nut. Can I put silicon jel from top of the mountain plate to close any gap? Invisible silicon...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaydesai
    very little space to get to nut. can i put silicon jel from top of the mountain plate to close any gap? invisible silicon...

This is why God made basin wrenches. To get at those "hard to get to retaining nuts on faucets. Pick one up at your hard ware store. My way would conceal the caulk. Your way leaves it on the outside, but yes, it would work. Good luck Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Ajay, did you look up inside your sink cabinet with a flashlight? The only millennium faucet I ever installed doesn't require a wrench, there is a hand collar and the plumbers hands are as big as yours. Speedballs suggestion is best to get that seal under the gasket.
    NYGUARD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 04:43 AM
    I would have the plumber remove the faucet, clean the top of the sink, put a baead of clear silicone around the bottom of the faucet and reinstall it. I personnally don't like using putty, it dries out and dicolores. Silicone will resist mildew and it makes for a better job.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 12, 2011, 04:52 AM

NY... you are posting to threads from 2007 (this thread) and 2008 (other thread you posted to)...

Look at the dates in the upper left corner of any threads you are posting to... in this way you may actually get a response to your suggestions, OK?

Have a good day!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Take apart faucet to repair leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta 2 handle kitchen faucet which I believe is a Peerless faucet. It has a long goose-neck spout and separate sprayer. How do I remove the handles. Does it take a washer, an O ring or both?

Help w/ Leak - Peerless bathroom faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Peerless bathroom sink faucet. It is a two-handled faucet. The faucet is leaking, and the water feels cold, so I'm getting it relates to the cold water faucet. I removed the handle and pulled out the cartridge, but the bottom of the cartridge is flat. There is a rubber washer embedded in...

Help w/ Leak - Peerless bathroom faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Peerless bathroom sink faucet. The faucet is leaking, and the water feels cold, so I'm getting it relates to the cold water faucet. I removed the handle and pulled out the cartridge, but the bottom of the cartridge is flat. There is a rubber washer embedded in the base of the cold water...

Bathtub Faucet Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I had this same problem in the summer of 2005. :( After using my shower, I'd cut off the water and the bathtub faucet would either drip slowly or moderately run. Had new washers put on in 2005. Just noticed (Oct 5 or 6 2006), that the same problem is reoccuring. Please verify for me the...

Faucet sprayer leak in hose [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new... I'm usually handy but I out of my league on this one. Does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(? correct name)

View more questions Search