Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lagd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Sentenced to probation one week ago
    Hi, I was sentenced to 18mo probation a week ago, the drug testing contacted me 3days after that, I tested positive for THC but have not smoked in over 60 days, I have not even met my probation officer yet, this was not a drug related misdomiener, help, I do not want to go to jail, thank you Lagd
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Usually they use dipstick thing, and if it says positive they send it to a lab for confirmation. I have herd that when someone smokes allot of pot it can last a while, but I have never herd of 60 days. But since you just started they will let you slide, as long as you don't miss any more. It's like when you go to rehab they know that you will miss a test at first but they will expect the concentration to go down. And it's pot not crack, so you know they won't tell you but they know there is a big difference. I can tell you this, if you smoke pot you will get caught. Just work really hard to get this probation done and out of your way. The best thing is usually to stay away from the people and places that might get you in trouble.

Apr 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
    No it was not a dipstick test it was a lab test, I have not smoked since Feb. I have no Idea what to do, thank you

Apr 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
    As I said don't sweat it. You just started, it's not like it's been a month or two, they don't expect you to test negative. You will be fine this stuff happens to thousands of people everyday, and they all come out OK. You will too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Have you been in a room with others smoking Pot? Second hand smoke can give as high of reading as smoking it yourself.

Most likely they will not violate you on this first one, but expect the PO to check you a lot more often.

Apr 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Thanks fella's, No I have not been around anyone smoking since this whole "court" process started, I stopped using way back in Feb to assure this kind of thing would not happen, so I could start on a good foot. I just feel like I am doomed if I do and doomed if I don't. I must be a freak of nature to still have traces left in my system, thanks for all the help, pray and think good thoughts for me, I REALLY DID TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING.. but I know the PO's hear a bunch of bunk all day long, I feel as if my credability is already shot, I never thought THC would show up from that long ago, HUGE SIGH, what can I do or say to make this better? Besides staying in a fetal ball on my couch this whole court process has been so stressfull for me, I figured the jig was up when this started, I did not wait and calculate days or try smoking on borrowed time so to speak. I am just freaking out...

Apr 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Mistakes happen. There could be a problem with the test. All I can think of is to go and get a hair follicle test, (about 60$) it will show for as long as three month's almost to the day, in other words it will show when you stopped when the last time was and so on.

Apr 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Thanks I just got back from my DR office I took another test and the sent it out to the lab so I should no in about a week, I tried to get them to do a hair test but they did not do that, thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lagd
    what can I do or say to make this better?
    Hello l:

Dude, tell your PO what you told us. What?? You think he's going to be surprised? Because it lasts 60 days or so, he's going to test you again soon. If you're dirty, he'll know you were lying. If not, you're cool.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song from C.S.I. 2 weeks ago? [ 2 Answers ]

Did anyone see the C.S.I.(Las Vegas) episode from two weeks ago. There was a song that played before the credits during the opening scene. I'm trying to find out the name of that song.

Betrayal 25 yrs ago [ 21 Answers ]

I have always been very insecure and jealous. Recently my husband of 40 yrs told me that he went to a nude bar 25 yrs ago and I cannot stop thinking about it. I was 1000 miles away while he was in Tx staying with an uncle trying to find work. We were losing our home due to his being laid off and...

4yrs. Ago they were mean to me.. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I graduated from junior high four years ago and there were someguys that they used to make fun of me and they didn't like me, because I wasn't in their "group". Now four years they are, well they want to talk to me, four of the guys likes me and I don't know what to do, should I talk to...

View more questions Search