Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patagonia105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
    how to use the print screen key on my laptop
    Hi, I am trying to use the print screen key on my IBM390X laptop. I have looked through the online IBM manuals, but cannot find how it works. How do I select the place where the prints are to be stores, is there a default location? Thanks so much for you help. I am trying to complete a support notebook for my office, and it would be very helpful to be able to include some screen prints from some website we access.

patagonia105
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Apr 16, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Howdy and welcome to AMHD:

When you press "Print Screen", it saves a copy of the screen in your clipboard.

Now all you have to do is open either a graphics program or a word processing program such as Word, Wordpad, etc and "Paste" the screen shot there.

Murray
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2007, 07:24 AM
    The print screen key is disabled under Windows because of the graphical nature of Windows. As Murray said it saves the screen to the clipboard. Thee are 3rd party utilities that will renable it.

I may not have made this clear. Under DOS, the PS key actuially sent the screen to the LPT1: port and therefore to a printer. That functionality was disabled under Windows, turning the key into a screen capture key.
    mags1962 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patagonia105
    Hi, I am trying to use the print screen key on my IBM390X laptop. I have looked through the online IBM manuals, but cannot find how it works. How do i select the place where the prints are to be stores, is there a default location? thanks so much for you help. I am trying to complete a support notebook for my office, and it would be very helpful to be able to include some screen prints from some website we access.

patagonia105
    Hello maybe I can help you with this one,I use wordpad to print to, (1)Open Word Pad (2) highlight what it is you want to print or copy (3) Then Press print Screen (bring Word Pad up again (4) Now right click and chose paste,it now should appear on your word pad document (5) then save document. Ps you can also use any office word.
    vader85 Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2007, 03:55 AM
    I usually use Microsoft Paint. It is the generic image editing program that comes with windows, and after you PASTE it in Paint, you can then save it as one of many different image formats (GIF,JPG,BMP,etc.. )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen print on macaroni? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to think of a creative/funny thank you gift for a friend (girl) that let me and a BUNCH of friends stay at her place for a week in NYC for new years, but I want to do something creative instead of buying something. I was thinking of somehow putting macaroni on a sheet and laying a...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Need a recommendation for a good Print Screen App [ 13 Answers ]

It must include auto scroll for web pages. I've used Print Screen Deluxe for years, but there's a bug in their most recent version and auto scroll is not working... and their support is horrid. Thanks!

Print Screen Key [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the "Print Screen" key is for and how it works? Or maybe direct me to a site where I can get the information. Thanks. DAVE.

View more questions Search