Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonjons1girl Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Mar 21, 2007, 09:07 AM
    What is the meaning of the Greek Key Symbol?
    I am looking for the meaning of the Greek Key Symbol. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

The reason is that I have been looking for my Fiancé a wedding band and this is a symbol I have come across a few times on some of the rings and I want to know what it means befroe I settle with it. I am looking for something special and meaningful. Something Unique, If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know. I only have 1 month till the wedding, and I still can't decide.:)
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Mar 21, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Do you mean 'Greek Key' like this!

Meander (art) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 09:39 AM
    "...an ornamental pattern consisting of repeated vertical and horizonal lines (often in relief); "there was a simple fret at the top of the walls"

Mar 21, 2007, 09:46 AM
    YES!
    What does it mean?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
    From a quick search I don't see that it has a specific meaning other than "...an ornamental pattern " Soory and I'll let you know if I foind more info later.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Mar 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Greek Nationalism apparently!

Mar 21, 2007, 09:49 AM
    That's what I found too! I also found it being a symbol for eternity or forever, that's why I am asking. I need a clear meaning.
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Mar 21, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I only know that meander wasn't used only in greek nations but also through various places on earth. It is one of the rare decorative that u can find all over the world.
    katevn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Okay I just got back from Greece last week and I bought a Greek Key bracelet from a local shop in Rhodes. She told me that it symbolizes eternal life. That it represents (either historically or mythologically) some river.
    So I went out and googled the river story when I got home and found Meandros, or Meander. Representing the flow of life; eternal life, eternal love, eternal friendship.

Apr 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    That's the answer that I was looking for THANKS A MILLION!
    nbscurn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjons1girl
    I am looking for the meaning of the Greek Key Symbol. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

The reason is that I have been looking for my Fiance a wedding band and this is a symbol I have come across a few times on some of the rings and I want to know what it means befroe I settle with it. I am looking for something special and meaningful. Something Unique, If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know. I only have 1 month till the wedding, and I still can't decide.:)
    I was just in Greece and this design goes back to because days. They tell me it means harmony, perfection andeternity. I think that would be perfect for a wedding band.. Great idea
    md_guevarra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Greek of blessed
    mythgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjons1girl

The reason is that I have been looking for my Fiance a wedding band and this is a symbol I have come across a few times on some of the rings and I want to know what it means befroe I settle with it. I am looking for something special and meaningful. Something Unique, If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know. I only have 1 month till the wedding, and I still can't decide.:)
    I hope you did settle with the greek key. Katevn is right it means eternal life, eternal love and eternal friendship. It is also called Meander or Greek fret meaning twisting and turning. It is named after the River Meander, now called Buyuk Menderes River, in south Western Turkey. The river is mentioned in the Lliad, by Homer.

May God bless your marriage always.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Brothers dream:-symbol=dog [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't dream this dream so I don't know any details but my brother told me that the most important symbol was a dogt peeing. Can anyone help interpret this symbol?Thanks in advance :)

Chemistry/ writing word and symbol balanced equations [ 1 Answers ]

write word and symbol equations for balanced burning magnesium

What is the name of this symbol? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Very simple question here - What is the actual name of this symbol on the keyboard above the "tab" key THIS SYMBOL---> ~ What is the actual name of it other than "the little squiggly line"

Math symbol text editor [ 1 Answers ]

Where on the internet can I find a free, non-shareware Math symbol text editor? By non-shareware, I mean that It will not stop working after 30 days and require payment to get codes to unlock the program.

View more questions Search