Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spachet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Smoking weed, can it mess my head up?
    I want to know does weed mess with everyone's head?
    I have smoked weed once or twice, OK a lot of the time and I think it messing me up but I really enjoy it. Or at least I think I do!
    What is it with weed? Is it addictive? Can it really harm you and your mental health?
    If I have been realising changes within myself that others can see and its not good could weed be y?
    I want to know what everyone really thinks about it and how many people really have tried it?
    Please help.:D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Weed is very addictive. If you spend your time high and not in reality, don't you think that may alter your perception just a little.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
    All I can do is give you examples from my life.

My ex brother-in-law loved weed more than his family. It cost him his marriage, his house and the respect of his kids. He lives in a broken down RV in someone's back yard and can only get day labor work because he is so addicted.

Also had a coworker's mother who went to Club Fed in WV - the same place Martha Stewart went - because she loved weed so much and sold a little on the side.

Although many feel it is no worse than booze, it is still illegal and can get you in trouble for life. There are a lot of other things out there that can make you feel good. Why not explore those?
    spachet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Wnt to say that I have read the messages and they are right but I still feel confused.
    So what other interesting and fun things can I do in life?
    I'm not rich so I can't do anything that costs a lot. What can I do?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Absolutely weed is addictive and can alter your personality and a wide aray of other issues! I used to smoke pot a lot mainly as an excape from some ty things that happened to me! It made me incredible lazy! My sister and Brother in law smoke pot a lot they have no ambition to better there lifes! They have 2 kids and are on welfare! Living in a trailer with one kid sleeping in a closet! How sad is that? I hope you know that weed has a huge affect upon your life and the relationships you have! It is illegal and you can get in a lot of trouble for using it! I know it feels really good but don't you want to do something with your life? I hope you find the answers you want!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Backpacking, swimming/diving, fishing, snowshoe, weight lift and become huge, take some classes and become smart, read really good books.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Spachet, this may sound super simple but jogging can give you a wonderful feeling. After 15-20 minutes your body lets loose endorphines and makes you feel really good. The first 15 minutes can be a challenge for new runners, but hang in there and you will feel it, too.

Volunteering at your local community center, nursing home and/or hospitals are a great way to meet people and build a sense of purpose in your life and make you feel great.

Practicing yoga or tai-chi (you can get books at the library) can help you with mind and body and that way you don't need to seek an outside substance to entertain yourself.

Hope these help.
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Apr 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
    I heard weed is not addcitive... I mean I smoked every single day of my life for like a year and a half.. I was going to classes high, and everything. Every single thing I did I was high. People would see me when I wasn't high and just ASSUME I was high... When I wasn't high my head did feel a little cloudy and I was always tired. But I don't think it can mess your head up in the long run... just be careful with it, only do it on occasion.
    Needless to say after that yr and a half my smoking pot really slowed down... I only do it on occasion if I'm in the mood. Something has to change within yourself and you have to get the motivation to just stop and start running and working out a day or two a week. It makes you feel amazing and keeps you in shape.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spachet
    im not rich so i can't do anything that costs alot.
    You will have more money to do things if you aren't buying ganga.

Dope is addictive, not physically, but psychologically.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
    jus wnt to say that i have read the messages and they are right but i still feel confused.
    so what other interesting and fun things can i do in life?
    im not rich so i can't do anything that costs alot. what can i do?
    Of course you are confused your hi, LOL. Just kidding (maybe).
    I don't know how old you are but in life you must set and attain goals and smoking pot will not help you in this. Pot is harmfully physically and mentally.
    Interesting things to do, hmm, hobbies are always good, biking, jogging, hiking, going to the gym. The library, church, school, friends that don't smoke weed. Get a girlfriend. A good way to start with hobbies is go to the book store and look at the magazines, think about what you might like. Smoking pot is a ticket to loosertown. There is a reason it is illegal.
    cutter43 Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Yeah I like was just stoned an hour ago.. and personally I don't think that it is addicting.. yeah it does make you feel better but people that aren't sad or depressed and just do it is cause there like yeah I'm bored.. but I think it does mess with your head I have like a total short term memory now and it was good..
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 11, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Just don't do it you don't want to risk getting caught going to jail disappointing your parents jail is not fun trust me and its so not worth if just to smoke a joint!
    WeAreLost Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2007, 03:04 AM
    i want to know does weed mess with everyones head?
    i have smoked weed once or twice, ok alot of the time and i think it messing me up but i really enjoy it. or at least i think i do!
    what is it with weed? is it addictive? can it really harm you and your mental health?
    if i have been realising changes within myself that others can see and its not good could weed be y?
    i want to know what every1 really thinks about it and how many people really have tried it?
    please help.:D
    I hate to give you such a quick response but its my gut feeling you already need help because of the lack of knowledge you have now. You are playing with a gun in a child's hand, ready to go off, and your asking what will that do? Will someone get hurt? The answer to these questions is yes as well as yours will weed mess me up.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 12, 2007, 03:28 AM
    One of many stories I'm guessing, just this one was high-profile here in the UK;

BBC NEWS | England | Berkshire | Paranoia 'gripped killer's mind'
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:16 AM
    I've smoked pot from time to time for almost 40 years, and I can tell you that all of the horror stories about what it will "do to you" or "make you do" are pure bullsh!t. It won't make you do or be anything that you aren't already. But if you don't know who you are, and you're looking for an excuse to get stupid, you can use it for that. "Addictiveness" turns out to be a somewhat slippery concept, but if it's addictive at all, it's far less so than alcohol or nicotine, and far less damaging to your health than booze or tobacco. The most dangerous thing about it is that you can get a felony conviction and thrown in prison for a long time for possessing it.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Apr 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Everyone on this site can give you their opinion on weather pot is good, bad, or the other for you, and can even find sites to back it up. But there is one fact about it that everyone can agree on: You can get into serious trouble. And I have a feeling prison would "mess with your head" more than most drugs would. Just my opinion... ;)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Why do many people think that if you smoke pot you will get into trouble and go to prison.. can someone explain that to me? :confused:
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Krs, a coworker of mine spent 2.5 years in WV for her love of weed. Although she went up for selling it. My boss hired her back because he felt sorry for her.

Another coworker has 2 sons and they love weed and surprise, surprise - can't keep a job. They were living with her mother-in-law and got shown the door when they were caught stealing the old lady's pain medication. This old woman is terminal with cancer and these two losers were stealing her meds so they could buy pot.

The pot usually isn't the reason you go to jail but it causes you to make stupid decisions that can ruin you for life. (See my previous post about ex-brother in law)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Yes but not all people are like that!
    It's the same as booze and alcoholics.. if you can't handle it - just don't do it!

Ive smoked pot and I'm not ashamed to say it!
    I have a great job, I'm happily married, lived overseas, own a nice apartment... so you can't just justify that!
    I have a clean police record and never ever stole or harmed anyone!
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 12, 2007, 08:05 PM
    I do have to agree with Krs not all people who smoke pot are bad. I know a girl smokes weed every day is a damn good mom has a great job and nice house not many peeps know she smokes though but I will say she has got arrested one time because of it not because of dumb decisions but because of the dumb peeps she hung out with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Weed Trimmer(weed eater) [ 3 Answers ]

I need step by step help on re-installing a (recoil) starter rope on a weed eater. If by chance you have diagram of how to put it on , I sure would appreciate it , any info will be appreciated ty denise

Need help whacking my weed [ 5 Answers ]

I have inherited a kawasaki kbl26a weed eater with the home I'm renting now and cannot figure out how to load the nylon. Got any leads for fixing my weeds?

Weed problems [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a manufactured house in a park and we have areas of stone beds that we try to keep weeded,is there any inexpensive liquid or granuals to help eliminate them? I have a layer of some kind of plastic under the stones.

View more questions Search