Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vadsal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Filing taxes after 2 years of not filing
    I have not filed taxes for 2 years (2004, 2005) and I do not have the requisite documentation from those years. I do know that the IRS owed me a refund; I did not owe them any taxes. How does one file without this documentation? And do I need to file these years before I file for 2006?
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Apr 11, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Call the IRS and they will send you a transcript that shows the income that was reported for you to the IRS. You can use the transcript to file your returns with. You can still get your refund for 2004. It's 2003, that if you don't file this year, that you forfeit the refund. The IRS will only give refunds for 3 years back.
    File 2006, but they may withhold any refund until they receive your 2004 and 2005 returns.
    vadsal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Thanks very much Mobea. I appreciate the information!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Exceptional and complete answer by Mobea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes from previous years [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew (single and over 21) did not file taxes for the years 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 and now 2006. He did not make over $5000 for any given year. He has now been told that he needs to file for these yrs. What forms does he need to do this? Can he use the tax forms for this year or does he need...

Filing taxes [ 1 Answers ]

OK. I moved in July - so I have W2's from 2 different states - is filing any different from before? Or should I just take them to H&R Block?

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

Filing Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a business and I have been filing my personal taxes combined with my business. Is it better to file seperatly business and personal or does it make a defference?

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

View more questions Search