Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SXG Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Washing Machine (whirlpool) will not advance cycles
    My whirlpool washing machine model LA9500T suddenly today stopped advancing from cycle to cycle. It fills water correctly and goes into agitator cycle. It then keeps agitating until I manually advance to next cycle, on and on. What can I do to fix this and is it repairable by me (I can do small stuff). Is it going to be expensive in parts? This is an old washer, about 16-17 years old.

Thanks for help.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 10, 2007, 10:38 PM
    My first guess according the way you describe the problem is the timer motor went bad. On the older timers you could buy a timer motor separately and being that old it's a possibility. Call an appliance parts store with the model number and they should be able to tell you if this is the case.
    Timer motor may run around $40 and the complete timer anywhere from $70. To $120.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washing machine [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. My 20 year old whirlpool fills up, but won't agitate. If I manually move to rinse, it will drain and go through a final rinse. I makes noise like something is loose. There is a slight overheating smell. I bought a motor coupling, but am not sure that is the problem. I also need help...

Whirlpool Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Washing Machine won't agitate or spin. It does pump the water out. I'm not sure how to go about finding what's wrong.

Whirlpool washing machine won't fill [ 1 Answers ]

When starting the washing cycle, the water enters but it keeps getting pumped out and I can hear what sounds like the pump. The stand pipe is above the machine so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks

View more questions Search