Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millerc1949 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 07:13 PM
    Going crazy
    What can I do when I have a 18 year old that does nothing but disrespects me? She is very rude, she calls me a B*&ch, laughs in my face, tells me what are you going to do and dares me to hit her so she can beat the sh*T out of me. Then says she sorry she just lost her temper, I love my child but I don't think I can take much more of this.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 07:16 PM
    Sounds like it's time for you to get tough and time for her to be out on her own.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Set rules
    1. Get a job
    2. Pay rent
    3. See psychiatrist

If you can not follow these rules
    MOVE
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 09:02 PM
    On the surface of your post, it sounds like your daughter is out of control.

I assume this didn't happen overnight.

What happened then. How many years has this behavior gone unchecked. Has she been raised with discipline? Was she taught responsibility, consequence and accountability? Has she ever had a part time job?

Is she in school? Does she have a car? A curfew?

I'm not trying to beat you up. Teenagers are hard work. But if it is only now that your teen is driving you crazy, there must be reasons as to why.

What happened along the way that resulted in what you are dealing with now.

Do you (and your husband?) seek outside help such as counseling? Has she been assessed for mental illness? Are there any reasons things are, in other words, so out of control?

I don't think you can suddenly lay down the law and expect miracles by tossing her out. That is the last resort in my opinion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2013, 02:05 AM
    I agree, did it just happen, or have you been allowing her to be like this for some time. When she does what punishment is there for her,

Who is paying bills for computer, for cell phone, for clothes, for food to eat out ?
    GypsyQueen Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2013, 10:57 PM
    Maybe she is bipolar!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2013, 06:06 AM
    Drug used ruled out? Always a possible cause no matter how unlikely you think it could be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Crazy crazy crazy the crowd is going crazy [ 0 Answers ]

What the name of the song containg the words" can't get you out of my head, my destiny, forever, and" lie lie lie lie lie" repeated several times at the ned of the somg" help me pla

I think I am Crazy!! [ 4 Answers ]

I am paranoic in public places sometimes I think people are 'looking at me' because they are observing me.. I change the way I talk or act when I know people are looking at me... Also I talk by myself a lot when I am at home, like I make these little stories in my had and talk by myself... ...

Going Crazy ! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I believe I am pregnant , but not to sure . I smoke pot for my seizure disorder instead of taking regular medications . Tell you the truth , it stopped my seizures about 60 %. Would smoking pot while I'm pregnant affect my pregnancy at all ? I have been going crazy the past few days...

Am I crazy? [ 1 Answers ]

For several months my best friend and I have had dreams that are connected. Like on the same night we dream the same dream. Sometimes it happens to be that it may be a week apart. The dreams we have been having have been on the same thing with the same people for MONTHS and honestly we are confused...

View more questions Search