Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coopern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Coleman, Evcon Ignition Failure
    A couple of years ago, there was a recall on a part that a Company had to come out and replace. I had never had a problem with the furnace for 8 years. A short time later, I started having problems with ignition failure. I had a part replaced and a licensed Company went over everything and said it was all OK.
    Now, the furnace is beginning to experience the same problem intermittantly. Occasionally, the green light in the window will show one flash. I back off the thermostat to where it clicks, and return it to the desired temperature, it will begin its heating cycle again. Sometime this takes a couple of times before it will heat. It will work maybe a day or two, then fail to ignite again.

I've paid good money to have it professionally repaired, but it is now doing the same things again and it hasn't been even a year since it was last serviced. They removed a part from the burner and washed it off in the sink, vacuumed everything out, re installed the part and said it should be OK.

Is there something I can do?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
    Who said this (re installed the part and said it should be OK)?
    Try cleaning the flame sensor with steel wool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman evcon furnace [ 5 Answers ]

My home has coleman evcon furnace 12 years old.I can set the thermostat at 74 degrees and the furnace will start with a 30second purge then the ignitor will warm up and glow red then the main burner lights.then the burner stays lit and the blower runs for a couple minutes. Then the thermostat calls...

Coleman evcon heating and aircondition [ 3 Answers ]

I have question on my coleman I set the heat to 70's after I warm up the house I set the temp to 63 and when I woke up this morning around 6 am the heating is not working and the temp was 59. Do you know what's wrong with it? I try to on and off main switch but its not working.

Coleman Evcon fan keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my first question and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 1996 Coleman Evcon gas heater/ac unit in my manufactured home. The problem I'm having is that the fan (not heat or ac) keeps coming on for no reason. Even when I have the heat and ac off, the fan keeps kicking on and...

Coleman evcon [ 2 Answers ]

Fan won't come on in heat position

View more questions Search