Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaniGurl888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Severe Abdominal Pain/Prolonged Period/Large blood Clots
    Well I have been on my period for four weeks now. It is a normal to heavy flow. This past week, I have started to pass Golf ball size blood clots. I have passed about 10 so far. I have severe abdominal pain which has sent me to the floor... I went to the hospital and they pretty much said that everything checked out okay, but for some reason, I feel like I need a second opinion... Something was missed, this can't be right!! It hurts so bad and to top things off, I am on birth control to regulate my periods so why am I on my fourth week? If anyone knows what could be a possible answer for this or something I can do to get my period/pain/clotting to stop. PLEASE help!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 08:58 PM

I think you need to get a second opinion. Have you seen your regular gynacologist, the one who prescribed birth control? Did the hospital check you for anemia?

Women can bleed a lot and still be okay. Make an appointment and express all of your concerns. Ibuprofen is what I use to help with painful cramping, but, ask the nurse/doctor what to do.

Lying down or sitting with your feet up can help slow things up too.
    boron Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2009, 12:02 PM

DaniGurl888 it's not likely you'll find the answer or even help here. Speak with your gynecologist to send you to the same or other hospital again. From this bleeding you've probably already developed some anemia, and if this gets worse, all will become complicated. You also need advice about what to do with contraceptive pills.
    icare74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2010, 02:38 AM
    This response may be a bit late, but I had similar symptoms. I was bleeding heavily for 3 weeks, blood clots started as the size of golf balls and then to the size of my hand. I was faint and really pale. I lost so much blood, I ended up in hospital and had to have a blood transfusion and then a hysterscopy D & C. From the ultrasound, it showed I had 2 fibroids, that may have contributed to the heavy bleeding although they were not removed. The doctors put me on iron tablets cause I was very anemic and primolut to stop the bleeding. It is now 2 months since then and I have just come off the primolut but still on the iron tablets. To anyone with similar symptoms of heavy bleeding and blood clots, if you know it doesn't feel normal, please see a doctor.
    desire83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 06:23 PM
    I have been bleeding since 4/17 heavy. I went to the ER and was told the same thing, everything is okay. I do too feel something is wrong. I went to my gynecologist and she said that she was going to give me a 5 day medication that would stop my period then restart it in a week. My period stopped for 24 hours and then started full blown heavy again. I have now been bleeding for another two weeks. I started passing blood clots Monday. I called the doctor's office today and the nurse practitioner said that I need to double up on my birth control for three days then call back on Tuesday. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
    supriy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 01:51 AM
    Hi I am 27 years age because of my brothers weeding I took premoult n tablets for 10 days to let my period delay for few day but after taking tablet I got light period. How can I stop it for two more days
    szissa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2013, 03:06 PM
    Hi (I'm no expert)
    Prolonged menorrhagia can have many causes, most of which are unknown. The first place I would go looking is at the hormones, hormonal imbalances (what ever the cause of the imbalance) could cause an abnormal heavy flow (menorrhagia). Hormonal imbalances are caused by many things and can cause many problems. Another cause of menorrhagia could be due to the endometrium (part of the uterine wall that falls away during menstruation) becoming implanted in the uterine muscle. Other causes include fibroids, cancer and even medication.

Hope you find the problem and a solution :)...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period again? Blood Clots, slight abdominal pain [ 3 Answers ]

It has been two weeks since my last period ended and today I found that I am having what I think is my period again accompanied by some dark blood clots. I also have a bit of a cold that started two days ago. Could this be because of a "morning after pill" that I took a week ago ? I have taken...

I am a child with severe abdominal pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently been experiencing severe abdominal pain and it is in a abnormal spot on the upper middle and the upper right sections of the abdomen.I don't know what that could signify?Can anyone help narrow down and give me suggestions of what it might be?The doctors are concerned that it is...

Long heavy period with large blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I just started my period today and it is sooo heavy. I am also having these really big blood clots? I mean really big? Last month I had the same problem and my period lasted two weeks. Can someone hepl me out with what could be wrong?

Large Blood Clots during Menstruation [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 43 year old lady who just experienced for the first time heavy bleeding that soaked a pad within 15 minutes followed by two blood clots the size of a ping pong ball and one the size of a tennis ball cut in half. I've always had clots that look like dimes but these clots gave me an uneasy...

Extremely large blood clots and heavy period since first month of being on the pill! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I've been on the pill for a month now.. I've taken my first 3 weeks worth and am now onto the dummy pills.. After the first day of taking the dummy pills I have come on my period! It's now Day 2 and I'm in extreme pain :( Worse period pains I have experienced! Not only that but when...

View more questions Search