Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdavid1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 09:35 AM
    My GE Select Dryer keeps overheating and shutting itself off.
    My GE dryer keeps overheating and turning itself off. After it cools down, I am able to start the dryer, but it again shuts itself off after about 10 minutes. What would cause this? Maybe the thermostat?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 02:39 PM

The most likely cause for this is a clogged vent. Pull it out from the wall and check for lint build-up in the vent pipe (all the way to the outside). Also, check the dryer itself for lint build-up.

Not to alarm you, but I would consider this a safety issue.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 10:04 PM

tdavid1- wally helps has give you some very important info. On home safty: many a home fires has been caused by the lint build up inside the dryer and dryer vents : some have been the cause of whole house loss : stay and follow his answer< :: now also if it still goes on then you will need to test the high temp protectors that is in the vent ducts< they will have to be tested using a volt ohm meter <there could be ut to three of them <each one will have to be tested to find which one is defrctive << : if you still have trouble come back on this
    Post and let us know and we will lead you threw the testing:: have a great day and god bless::f.b.e.
    Aberidon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 04:35 PM
    I changed all three sensor and still have the problem. It is not connected to the outside vent but it was clogged which I think caused my problem. I cleaned all duct in the dryer and there was no obstruction.
    Aberidon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Did you get it fixed? I'm having the same problem and changed all three sensors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Select Electric Hot Water Heater Shutting Off [ 27 Answers ]

We have a fairly new electric State Select brand hot water heater that recently began shutting off and we have to use the reset button to turn it back on. We cannot locate the owners manual and do not know how to adjust the elements to correct this issue. Can anyone help or tell us what could...

Submersable Pump - 220 volt - Capacitor Overheating - Pump Shutting Off [ 16 Answers ]

My 220 volt submersable well pump stopped working. We took the capacitor in to be checked one day and it was fine. The next day we took the relay in and it checked out. The following day I pressed on one of the wires that goes to capacitor and the well came on. The wire was old so I knew it...

How to fix a sqeaky from a GE Select dryer? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old GE Select that is making terrible squeaking noises. They are worse when I put in a full load of wet clothes, but not so bad when I dry just a few things. I could be wrong, but this makes me think that it has something to do with the weight of the clothes. Can anyone tell me...

View more questions Search