Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skalek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Single lever moen faucet - Which direction should hot water be?
    This is a silly question, but I never really thought about it, and now I am not 100% sure the answer.

We recently had a plumber replace a cartdrige in our moen lever, and now when we pull the leverl and turn it to the right, it turns on the hot, and turn it to the left makes it colder.

When originally had the moen hardware installed, turning to the left would make it hot, and turning to the right would make it cold.

Now I am not sure what the right direction should be for hot and cold water.

Any help for clueless here ? :)
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 05:39 PM

Cold is on right, Hot is on left.

It is easy to switch it on Moen faucet: remove handle, spin brass center cartridge piece 180 degrees around, reinstall handle. The water that was no the left will now be on the right and vice-versa.
    elvisload Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Remove the little red/blue plastic plug (pry out with tiny screwdriver)... it hides the allen screw that holds the handle on... remove handle... then unscrew the collar using phillips screwdriver... THEN spin brass center cartidge 180 degrees... then reinstall collar... then reinstall handle... then reinsert red/blue plastic plug
    arita52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Yes, cold is to the right, hot to the left, but is tip the lever (held in your hand) to the right for hot and to the left for cold, or vice versa? : )

Some plumbers say lever tip should be to the right for hot and to the left for cold as it is the forward part of the lever that is left for hot and right for cold. Which is it?

Thank you!
    Maggie
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 31, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Hi Maggie

You certainly present another way of looking at this issue. However, this thread is from 2008 so don't expect any responses from Skalek... heck, Skalek never even returned (or at least responded back to us) to respond to our answers... ;)

Always check dates before posting... will save a little frustration down the road!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

How to stop leak in Moen single lever shower faucet by changing cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pull the cartridge out to change it?

Moen single lever shower handle hard to push/pull open/close [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen single lever shower handle that is very hard to push/pull open or close. The fixture is approx. 15 years old. I replaced the plastic handle (it was broken inside) and tried to squirt penetrating oil in the valve which had no effect. If I take off the plate can I access and...

Single lever kitchen faucet has very little water coming out hot side [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new (1 year old) single lever kitchen faucet that has normal flow when the lever is turned to the cold side but only a small trickle of water come out when turned to the hot side. I changed the disc with no results.

Single lever faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After a year or so, the single lever kitchen faucet (which I believe is a Delta) we installed, will no longer switch to the cold water side. This just happened yesterday and we are unsure where to start looking for the problem. It is not under the sink, as we have looked at the connections and they...

View more questions Search