Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 5, 2007, 12:55 PM
    I want to lose 20-30 pounds. Best Diet for me!
    I'm 5 4" and I weigh 150lbs. I feel fat because I used to weigh 115-120lb when I got married. In two years I gained 30lbs. I know it's impossible for my body to be like it was before. But I don't have kids!
    I try to diet but it's so hard. I am hispanic and our foods can be very fat. I cook every night for my husband. I have tried not to eat past 7pm and eat smaller portions and drink lotz of water. I hardly have time to work out but I decided that some how I'm going to make time. I need to know what a good Diet is so I can lose 20-30 lbs the fastest.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 01:28 PM
    I am glad that you are going to make time to workout. That will help some in and of itself. I know that there are a lot of diets ways and ideas out there. And, maybe someone on this site will have the ideal way for you to use.

I once lost over 20 pounds over a month-and-a-half time. Went from about 220 pounds to 190 something. I LOOKED good, but I did not FEEL good. So, losing that much weight so fast did not make me feel good. I achieved this by not buying or eating anything that was over 4 grams of fat and also riding a bicycle regularly. I also did not eat very much.

Some years after that, I made steady weight gains. Wound up at about 250 pounds. Felt terrible. Tried the same regimen of dieting and exercise. But, this time not so much with starving myself. Also, not being so much of a stickler to nothing over 4 grams of fat.

I went from 250 pounds down to 183 pounds (my hight school weight) in about a year-and-a-half time. Losing this weight started about 4 years ago. I have gained back a little weight, but still fit into the smaller size clothes.

Anyway, that is my story . I hope that it helps some.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Although Mexican food is most delicious it is also so high in fat, but there are good susbsitutes so that you can still eat it. Try whole wheat tortillas, Black beans, make a dip out of them, salsa and guacamole, grilled chicken or fish just put the flour tortilla to the side, and then try to ignore it! The not good choices, tortilla chips, sour cream unless its low fat, chimichangas, and taco salad shells, if your making the food, just use healthier ingredients, don't use shortening or lard, substitute refried beans with black beans, choose low fat, skim or partially skim cheeses. Eat more veggies and fruits and drink lots of water. And get a good exercise program going 30-60 minutes a day 3-4 times a week, even walking for 30 minutes will help! You need not to skip any meals, try a good whole grain cereal or oat meal, or yogurt with fruit for breakfast. A chicken or turkey salad, or a wheat sandwich with turkey breast or chicken and lots of veggies or fish, really lean meat, loin types, or low fat, and veggies. Switch from white flour to wheat, cook with olive oil or canola lean to bake or broil your meats. And have Low fat skim cheese, low fat milk and non fat yogurt every day! More then anything watch serving size, meat should be only a portion 3 oz. smaller, lighter meals and exercise will give you better results.
    Scared_and_Confused Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Like everyone has been telling you, eat healthy, cut down on high fat foods, and drink a lot of water. Also I find the best work out is swimming. It works out every muscle in your body and after you feel so refreshed. I am not talking about getting some arm floaties and playing around in the pool (although that is exercise also but not ver much) I'm talking the breast stroke, backstroke, freestyle, and butterfly. See if you can go to your local gym and have someone work with you setting limits and patterns for you to exercise. Every swim season I participated in, I would always lose a lot of weight that I gained during off season. Also it is a great way to tone your body. I'm probably not much help, but just a thought. Goodluck!
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 6, 2007, 10:24 PM
    (I am scared_and_confused just changed my username) I forgot to add, that when you snack I would suggest to buy your favorite trail mix, veggies, dried fruit, things like that. If you get hungry during the day get some celery sticks and some lowfat ranch (or whatever you eat them with) and eat that and anytime you crave chocolate, drink hot chocolate, or anytime you crave anything sweet, get a lowfat smoothie. They are very filling and very good. Trust me this all works. If you cut out soda, sweets, bread, things like that, you will feel the difference. Goodluck!
    ismil82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 04:18 PM
    I'm 164 and am 5 4 wa I need to lose 30 pounds I need help *** help me to lose it
    saya_06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 05:32 AM
    I also have the same problem as yours.. but I've tried losing 6 pounds in a month, I never skip meals and because I don't have enough budget to buy all kinds of healthy foods, what I did is that I eat oatmeal in the morning with banana or mango, I also eat 1 cup rice with fried or steam egg whites only for breakfast, and eat rice and veggies w/ fish at lunch and dinner, but sometimes at dinner I only eat oatmeal again or an apple and drink a lot of water, I also stop eating and drinking sweets, but I don't deprived myself I sometimes eat what I want once a week its my cheat day, lol! I don't like exercise but I have to move my body or else nothing will change, so I do at least 30 minutes jumping rope.. that's all hope this can help you in your journey of losing weight.. good-luck! :-)
    monaboone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
    I am 5 4 and I weighted 230 when I was pregnant now I'm 210 how can I go back down to 175. Is there anything I can drink or eat that will make me lose my weight I hate diets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

Pounds abbreviation [ 2 Answers ]

Where did the lb. for pounds come from:confused:

I Need To Gain 15 Pounds [ 7 Answers ]

I Need Help... I'm A Female 5'5 Or 5'6 And I Weigh 110 Pounds. I Am Very Thin. I Can Fit Into A Size 1 Or 3 Depending On The Brand Or Style Of Pants, Shorts, Skirts Etc; I Am 10 Or 15 Pounds Underweight And I Don't Know What To Do! I Want To Be At An Average Weight For My Height... any...

I'm about 60 pounds overweight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large...

View more questions Search