Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PurpleFaerie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 06:50 PM
    Dying hair purple on top of red
    I recently bleached my hair blonde from a dyed black. I didn't like the way the blonde looked so I dyed my hair red. The roots are really red but the ends are more orangy blonde cause it was so dead from the bleach. Now I want to do my hair purple. Would it take over the faded out red-orange or will I have to bleach it again? I would like to do a real purple. I would NOT want to bleach it again and was wondering if anyone knows a good purple dye that will turn my hair purple.

And another thing,
    Im sure the ends of my hair will be purple, but my question is, if I do it will my roots be a different color than my tips cause of the coloring I have now?. I want my hair to be the same color purple from roots so tip.
    blue eyed devil Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 07:28 AM

OK, stay away from re-bleaching it or you will strip the cuticles completely causing any "fashion" colour to wash out even easier!

I would recommend you go to sallys hair and beauty or they even sell in online, it's a professional colour made by RUSK, and the product line is SCREAM. If you Google them I'm sure you will find it. I did mine atomic magenta the other day and its amazing, just watch your bathroom as this product gets everywhere but washes off towel etc
    You could possibly have a slight difference in the colour but I think the colour fading from deep to lighter would look excellent, very different. If I can help anymore let me know
    lisambe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 01:52 AM
    Hi I currantly have red dyed hair an would like to dye it bright purple will I have to bleach it up first with 12% then put purple on with 9% or will I get away with just puttin the purple on top of the red with 12% please can you help xx
    hfbjdfgudjhjh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 12:39 PM
    The ends of you hair didn't take to the dye because they have more hair cutitcles than your roots which hardly have any- that's why the dye didn't take much. So if you dye it purple I can guarantee that your roots WILL be purple but the ends of your hair might not be the same purple:/
    babe236 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 09:35 AM
    I want to dye my hair a black purple but I have red faded hair right now will that still be OK since its no totally purple but its black with a purple tint??
    amymysweet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 03:51 PM
    I would stay away from bleach altogether. I have red hair right now too but I want to go purple so I'm going to a hair stylist for them to do it x
    dprt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
    If you have red hair, don't u can put a "natural" blue color? :S
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2013, 08:54 PM
    dprt, I don't believe there is any such thing as a "natural" blue hair color. But to be honest I'm not sure what you were even saying because the grammar in your post made no sense. Feel free to post a proper question. :)
    dprt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Sorry for my english, it's not my native language
    I mean if you dye your hair red and when they start to fade you dye them with herb colour (which u don't need peroxide) is there any chance to become purple?
    infowar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 02:44 PM
    No need for rudeness people

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My blonde hair has gone silver/purple after using purple shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Im hoping somebody can help me as I've had a bit of a hair disaster recently! Basically, my hair was fine as it was, and I hardly had any roots yet I like that feeling after you have just had your hair done, there's more life to it. As I was going out that same night I didn't have time to go to...

Purple hair [ 2 Answers ]

Dyed my hair purple streaks using hot topic raw color my school told me I need to dye my hair back to natural color which is brown what can I do I need help

Purple hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair with Garnier Nutrisse in deep burgundy. Where I had blonde highlights its bright purple. What can I do to make it darker? I like the colour underneath where it was darker to begin with. I wondered if I can put the same colour on top and it will come out darker, does that...

Trying to de-purple my hair [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago, I got myself a box of Raw Permanent Hair Color from Hot Topic-- Deep Purple. It has no ammonia and no peroxide in it. I also decided not to bleach before hand because my natural color is a fairly light shade of blonde. Anyway, I put in the purple and it came out looking nice and...

View more questions Search