Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donna e Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Replacement Globe
    I have a Harbor Breeze 52" Tebron Garden Ceiling Fan (2 actually). It was the only outdoor model I could find at Lowe's. I am not thrilled with it in general but when you pull the chain to change the fan speed or light setting it shakes the entire fan. A globe fell off the other night and shattered. Lowe's does not carry replacement globes and I cannot seem to find a source to replace this part.

Can you tell me where to get replacement parts, specifically the globe for the light?

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
    You would need to contact Harbor Breeze to get the globe. Since you are not satisfied with the fan, I say return it. There are plenty of other outdoor models available at other stores and online.
    LaredoLee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:45 PM
    The company to call is Lytex Industries. The number is 800-527-1292. This is the number that is listed in your papers when you bought the product. I ordered a replacement globe today. They said it would be 10 days to get here.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Litex
    aesserman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
    I just had this happen as well and was able to find out how to order one.

The Lowe's hotline # is 800-444-6742 and it was only $8

You will need the model 3 when you call
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 07:22 PM
    That's a new number, I'll make note of it.
    springsteen 196 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donna e
    I have a Harbor Breeze 52" Tebron Garden Ceiling Fan (2 actually). It was the only outdoor model I could find at Lowes. I am not thrilled with it in general but when you pull the chain to change the fan speed or light setting it shakes the entire fan. A globe fell off the other night and shattered. Lowes does not carry replacement globes and I cannot seem to find a source to replace this part.

Can you tell me where to get replacement parts, specifically the globe for the light?

Thanks
    Did you have any luck. I have the same issue with my fan . Looking for a globe.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Try the numbers above.
    andrelalume Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Try the numbers above.
    I just bought one of these today for our sun room. It was on clearance at Lowe's for $49.99. May I ask what you did not like about this fan? What causes the glob to fall... sounds dangerous... should I talke it back?
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Make sure the globe is on tight and the fan does not shake too much.
    swimgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 10:20 AM
    I would not recommend purchasing this fan. We've had it two years, and for the second time, the globe fell off and shattered. My son had just been playing out on the porch where it landed!

However, I was able to purchase a new globe using the information on this site. I'll summarize the two options here:
    1) Call Lytex Industries at 1-800-527-1292. I believe they need the item number which is 135786. For two globes including shipping, I was given a quote of $57.00
    -or-
    2) Go to Lowe's customer service department and request to make a special order. The Lowe's employee should first pull up the company (Lytex Industries) using the number 66773 and then they can put in the number for the part which is 113 (dome fixture.) The globe costs around $23 if you order it this way. (The fan was on sale for $49.)
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
    It's Litex.
    jutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 05:25 PM
    On top of the fan mine had a parts and service # check and see...
    mamalone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 08:11 AM
    I bought one too and I was pulling the chain to turn it on and the globe fell and busted just two weeks after we put the fan up. That must be a fault with these fans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HARBOR Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 16 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze ceiling fan. The blades have quit turning but the motor continues to hum when switch is on. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I called Lowe's and they told me to turn the blades by hand with the switch off and if I heard a buzz it was probably the ball...

Harbor Breeze 52" Aero Ceiling Fan Light Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a new apartment, and the light in my ceiling fan blew out. I have tried and tried but can not seem to figure out how to open the light fixture to replace the bulb. Any suggestions?

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently gotten a Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan with 4-lights installed (by a professional), remote control operated, but now it is not working! It does not operate with the remote control. Is there a way to by-pass the remote and manually operate it? Or, does the remote needs replacement? I...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search