Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostAndLooking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Need help fixing my dog
    I have a problem, and need HELP... Ever since I left my dog with my ex *he was my boyfriend at the time* for two weeks over a year (closer to two) ago he came back a different dog. Now, almost 2years later he has slowly become more and more aggressive towards people. Very few people can come into my home, or even approach him to pet him. What can I do to fix this? I have been trying to socialize him, but he lashes out when anyone but my close friends come near him. Heck, some people can't even walk by my house. I want to get him fixed, but cannot afford it I barely make enough to pay my bills and rent only work three shifts a week and those are never more than 4.5 hours a shift.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 04:37 PM
    There are low cost programs for spay/neuter in place in most areas in the US.
    Are you in the US? Call the local Humane Society, the shelter, local vet clinics and ask about programs in your area. Some rescue groups will provide assistance with this, it will take some work but you will have to seek them out.
    IF and only IF you are comfortable telling us what state you are in, perhaps we could help you with that search or a member may have some personal knowledge of groups that aid with types of things.
    Other than that there is Care credit, a charge card specifically for medical purposes, or if you can find a vet that will take a payment plan (many will not) but you may be surprised.
    Did your ex give him back because of this aggression?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Neutering will probably help some, but a four year old male is at his most dominant. This is when he has been bred to be the protector and breeder, if not the lead dog in the group. Positive reinforcement trainers are challenged most by trying to change full adult males.

His activity level may be contributing to his attitude, as well. He doesn't have as much energy as a puppy, but now he has determination. He can do a marathon now where he used to barely make a 10K, to use runners' terms. Your stress levels may be contributing to his tension, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does fixing a dog stop the territory marking [ 8 Answers ]

If I get my male dog fixed will it help him to stop peeing and pooping all over my house and especially on our beds?

Fixing of tiles [ 1 Answers ]

What tile glue should I use for porcelin and ceramic tiles sticking to rendered walls and floor

Fixing sensors [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm a college student that interesting in fixing up my Honda! To where I want it to be... I'm having problems with my sensors

Fixing dryer [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of fixing my own dryer. The symptoms: initially, a squeaking that would last for a couple minutes then go away after the dryer warmed up. Then, over time, it would squeak loudly the entire time the dryer ran. This is caused by the "rear bearing" going bad, or getting worn...

Fixing her and I [ 2 Answers ]

Okay. I've tried getting advice from my friends (like I normally do), but they seem to be stuck on "Dump her". I'm hoping I can get better advice here. Stick with me, there is a lot of background, and I really want advice from people who know the whole situation My girlfriend and I have...

View more questions Search