Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Also... I will pass on a story of a very good friend of mine... that actually happened to him on Patrol in Vietnam... two stories in fact...

One he was walking down a road and there was a really old mama-san and a very young child... toddler in fact... walked up to them all wide eyed playing with something rolled up in a shirt.. of course the guys never really thought much mor ethan cute inocent kid... well the kid when he got closer took the "Toy" he was fumbling with... and tossed it like any small kid that has only recently learned how to walk might... well it was a hand grendade... the kid was too small to remember to pull the pin... they all froze when they say it because it was the last thing they expected at that point... mama-san disappeared during all of this.

Another time later in the tour they were checking "locals"... one baby carriage under a real baby... was pounds of C-4 explosives... they caught it before it was armed to go off... the "Mother" was ready to blow herself and the baby up to kill US Service men. She was shot and killed before she could scramble and do anything after being discovered.

Women have a huge part... and may be a different part... but innocent they are not.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 05:35 PM
    here we go again!

Ust be something in the water. The US to go it alone. Ok boys go and bat Assard round the ears

Obama says Assad carried out gas attack, US prepared to go it alone as expectations of military strike grows | News.com.au
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Obama had his fragile ego hurt by Vladamir... now people have to die as a result.

Like most Chicago blacks... they can't feel big and important if someone's not dying over some perceived slight or reason.

Ever wonder why Chicago murder rate is so high... just look at how Obama behaves and responds to criticism.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 06:43 PM
    I suppose all those women in the US military that fought to be in combat roles really just had guns shoved in their hands.

This is why women are so difficult to understand, they b*tch and moan to get something and when they get it they blame men for their ills. Sorry base, you asked for it you deal with it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    here we go again!

ust be something in the water. the US to go it alone. Ok boys go and bat Assard round the ears

Obama says Assad carried out gas attack, US prepared to go it alone as expectations of military strike grows | News.com.au
    When did the US "go it alone" ?
    Certainly not before 2009 .
    But let's assume that is the emperor's plan... Here is some previous statements from the Obots.

“The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” (candidate Senator Obama ,2007)
    “The president has no constitutional authority to take this country to war… unless we're attacked or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked,”(candidate Senator Joe Biden ,2007)
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

“The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” (candidate Senator Obama ,2007)
    “The president has no constitutional authority to take this country to war… unless we’re attacked or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked,”(candidate Senator Joe Biden ,2007)
    Seems someone has a convenient memory or was that just poli speak. Of course he will have congressional endorsement of his actions under an executive order
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 08:09 PM
    seems someone has a convenient memory or was that just poli speak. of course he will have congressional endorsement of his actions under an executive order
    Oh.. Obama is HUGE on do as I say not as I do... methodology.. especially when he does exactly what he spent years complaining others did... and his brain dead followers flip flop and support him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Oh..Obama is HUGE on do as I say not as I do.....methodology..especially when he does exactly what he spent years complaining others did....and his brain dead followers flip flop and support him.
    Seems to me like he is being very, very careful not to dash into Syria with muskets and swords.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Seems to me like he is being very, very careful not to dash into Syria with muskets and swords.
    No! Gunboat diplomacy works better when you can get your boat close enough for a knock out blow. That way you don't get your lovely uniform dirty
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The emperor said he just wants to do a 'shot across the bow'... in the old days that meant a warning shot that intentionally missed it's target . Is that the plan ? I don't think so... a salvo of tomahawks will hit their targets and cause destruction and death.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 03:24 AM
    Well he could accidentally target the presidential palace after just missing the ministry of defense, It caused daffy to suck his scone in long ago
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 04:49 AM
    seems someone has a convenient memory or was that just poli speak. of course he will have congressional endorsement of his actions under an executive order
    In the same statement ,Biden said he'd introduce articles of impeachment if Congress was ignored.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 04:52 AM
    SO when is Joe going to say go out and fire two shots from your double barrel shotgun in the air? Isn't that his patented answer for everything?
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 04:57 AM
    Actually since Russia thinks Chemical weapons are such a good thing and intend to defend their use... we need to reactivate OUR chemical weapons programs and stockpile them... that way we can respond in kind in the future.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    SO when is Joe going to say go out and fire two shots from your double barrel shotgun in the air? Isn't that his patented answer for everything?
    I believe that's Obama's conscience soothing plan, lob a couple of missiles "over the bow."
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:18 AM
    So why aren't the anti-war protesters coming out in droves? It's the economy...

Anti-war groups like Code Pink and Peace Action aren’t swarming the Mall in Washington to protest Barack Obama’s planned intervention in Syria because the economy is in the pits and the movement is a “shadow of its former self,” according to Medea Benjamin, founder of Code Pink.

BuzzFeed:

“Well, the most incredibly depressing thing was that most of the groups that existed before don’t exist anymore,” said Medea Benjamin, the founder of Code Pink. “That’s the number one problem, is that the antiwar movement is a shadow of its former self under the Bush years.”

Benjamin pointed to groups like United for Peace and Justice, a Communist Party-connected group, as examples: “They’re down to a couple of volunteers,” she said.

Code Pink itself, despite being one of the most visible protest groups in the U.S. today, has felt the pinch.

“Even Code Pink, which had 300 local groups, just has a tiny portion still functioning,” Benjamin said. “So when something like this happens, we don’t have the infrastructure to rally people.”

Some activists argue that it’s mostly an issue of money and membership, and not an indication that the left supports Syria intervention.

“Among the long-standing peace and disarmament groups that we work with, everybody is angry and pissed about what seems to be an imminent attack,” said Kevin Martin, the executive director of Peace Action. “Public opinion is not supporting it either. But you’re not going to see hundreds of thousands of people in the street.”

“I don’t think me or Medea or anyone else should be defensive about that,” Martin said. “We don’t push a button and get hundreds of thousands of people in the streets.”

Martin blamed the anemic response among peace groups to Syria on the economy, noting that all nonprofits are struggling — not just protest groups.

Plus, Martin said, the energy on the left has been focused on drones and civil liberties, which “doesn’t rise to the level of an obviously unjust war where hundreds of thousands of people are being killed because of a belligerent president.”
    I guess belligerent is in the eye of the beholder. I can guarantee if it were a Republican starting his third war they'd find the money for poster board and magic markers.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Guess the Code Pinkos will not be following the emperor,and setting up tent camps in Martha's Vinyard or Honolulu .
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:37 AM
    The Constitution requires that, barring an attack on the United States or an imminent threat to the U.S. any decision to use military force can only be made by Congress -- not by the President. The decision to go to war -- and we should be clear, launching a military strike on another country, justified or not, is an act of war -- is reserved by the Constitution to the American people acting through their elected representatives in Congress.

Since there is no imminent threat to the United States, there is no legal justification for bypassing the Constitutionally-required Congressional authorization. “Consultation” with Congress is not sufficient. The Constitution requires Congressional authorization.

The American people deserve to have this decision debated and made in the open, with all the facts and arguments laid out for public review and debate, followed by a Congressional vote. If the President believes that military action against Syria is necessary, he should immediately call Congress back into session and seek the Constitutionally-required authorization.
    Rep Jerry Nadler (ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Congress should have already been engaged with a debate and ready to act, or at least have an outline to a plan. They have known for 3 months somebody was gassing people in Syria.

They have been fighting in Syria a lot longer, so why hasn't the Congress been doing its job and be ready for whatever.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 07:06 AM
    Congress isn't the CIC. The only time Congress has ever declared war was at the request of the president

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I caused havoc! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm jules I'm 16 and a month ago I was asked out by a guy I had already dated two times before. He had been very sweet in asking me out and said he loved me and stuff and that he had changed over the summer and is more mature (lol). Since we have similar Christian values and love horses I said yes....

Havoc soundtrack [ 0 Answers ]

When the girls first go to a party,there's a spanish song playing. What's it called?

My dogs poop looks like grits or grain is in it, and its loose what could cause this? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husand got a new GSD (7 weeks) and we started him out on Iams puppy food, he has had loose stools ever since we got him, he got treated for hookworms and also tapeworms but yet still has the problem. His poop looks like it has grits in it or either grains, it is sometimes formed but also...

Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been...

What can you do about a 16 year old is causing havoc? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm single dad w/3kids since 2000. The mother is a bi-polar & acute alcoholic. She has not lived up to her visitation schedule in over 2 years. She has a history of canceling visitation at the last minute or not showing up and her excuses are always suspicious. My 18 yr old son is doing okay but...

View more questions Search