Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olie2012 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 03:54 AM
    Miller oil furnace wiring
    I have a miller oil furnace in my mobile home that stopped working.I repaced the transformer,2 wire one, and igniters,nozzel and it worked fine for a couple of days.Now the iginiter relay keeps tripping.I've upgraded to a digital relay but nothing happens when I try starting the furnace.Any help with the wiring would be greatly welcomed.
    Thank you,Fustrated
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
    On what model furnace are you working? What make & model is the relay?

Aug 26, 2013, 03:23 AM
    Good morning.The furnace is a cmf 80-AG with a Miller moc 80 gun.The problem started when the furnace triped the old relay and when it was reset it would run for about 30 seconds then trip again.I replaced the relay with a Honeywell R8184G 4009,still the same problem.Replaced the transformer,igniters,nozzel.Worked for about 2 cycles calling for heat then triped relay.Then tried a digital relay but couldn't get it to work so went back to the R8184 relay.Worked for about 2 cycles relay triped and felt warm.Reset it ran about 30 seconds and triped again.Any suggestions greatly welcomed.The wiring I had asked about was trying to wire in the digital relay,had extra wires.

Thank you
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Let's start with some basic settings. The nozzle should be either a .60 x 80* A or B. The electrode tips need to be set as follows: 7/16" above the nozzle center, 1/16" ahead of the nozzle face, & 1/8" apart. Double check those settings & let me know if that helps. You can also check the face of the cad cell eye to insure it is clean. Have you changed the fuel filter & pump screen (presuming the pump to be a Suntec)? When you restart the furnace, does it seem to start normally or does it bang or rumble?

Aug 28, 2013, 06:55 AM
    I did use a tool that slips over the nozzle to set the electrodes,but I'll recheck to your setting.The furnace does rumble when it starts,not as loud as before with the old electrodes and old nozzle.I'll check the settings,eye and pump filter,and let you know the results.Thank you for your help.Hope to have it up and running before cold weather hits.

Thank you,
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 03:37 PM
    The second best thing to do with that electrode setting tool is to tape a dollar to it & put it out in the road. That way whomever finds it will have something. They'll have a dollar.
    The best thing is to put that plastic piece of crap in the chamber of the furnace, then fire the furnace.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:27 AM
    First I would like to disagree with you on taping a dollar to the plastic electrode tool,I wouldn't waste the tape! Rechecked the settings and they were way off.Gave that piece of plastic a good throw.Reset the igniters to the settings you gave me and replaced the eye and adjusted the air,adjusting the air stopped the rumbling.So far it has been working.Haven't run it for any extended time,2-3 heat cycles,because with the tempeture out side in the 80's it gets really warm inside with furnace running.Thank you for your help and good advise.

Thank you again
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by olie2012 View Post
    First I would like to disagree with you on taping a dollar to the plastic electrode tool,I wouldn't waste the tape! Rechecked the settings and they were way off.Gave that piece of plastic a good throw.Reset the igniters to the settings you gave me and replaced the eye and adjusted the air,adjusting the air stopped the rumbling.So far it has been working.Haven't run it for any extended time,2-3 heat cycles,because with the tempeture out side in the 80's it gets realy warm inside with furnace running.Thank you for your help and good advise.

Thank you again
    Point well made about the tape. I'll have to remember that one. :D
    If it gives you any more trouble, post back. I'll be around.

Sep 1, 2013, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    Point well made about the tape. I'll have to remember that one. :D
    If it gives you any more trouble, post back. I'll be around.
    Thank you again for your help.Always willing to learn from others.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 05:31 PM
    My pleasure, Olie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miller Oil Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a miller oil furnace that was installed in July of 2006 it has been running just fine until now I have power to it but it won't run. I can get the fan to start but when I hit the reset button all I get is the blinking light. Can you help:(

Miller oil furnace won't fire? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Miller oil furnace in mY garage. It is from a Moble Home. It was working and then just quit firing. I am getting fuel, the motor is running, Just no fire. Can anyone help me out? Thanks...

Miller Oil Furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I put a new upright tank in and now I can not get the air out of the lines. I tried the furance instructions but it did not work

Miller oil Furnace [ 10 Answers ]

The light on the reset button keep flashing saying that it is locked out how can it be unlocked

View more questions Search