Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brussell518 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Maternal aunts rights
    []My sister has two children with a man who is a sex offender and he was really abusive to her. She was scared but knew that she had to leave she left but the children are still there. Also his brother is a sex offender and he lives on the property with them. The grandmother has custody of the children but both men live there. My sister is scared for her life afraid that he will hurt her if she tries to get custody that is why is has been three years and she is forced not to see her children. They told her if she shows up there they will shoot her. How can I get custody of the children I am the maternal aunt and the thing is I have four children of my own and I don't want any threats or trouble I just want what's best for the children. I know that they are not in a good environment! Please Help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 06:56 PM
    What does the courts or the police or CPS have to say about the children being with the sex offender dad and sex offender brother? Are they on the sex offenders list? What state is this and how old are the kids?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2013, 07:10 PM
    You have no rights here. Your only hope is to get CPS involved to remove the children.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 07:22 PM
    Exactly, you have no rights but you can help your niece, you can offer to take them in once they do a process of removing them from the house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 09:19 PM
    You as the aunt have no rights at all, the mother needs to do this. I will be blunt, she is not much of a mother, to leave the children there. Worried about her own safety over that of children

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do aunts have rights [ 2 Answers ]

Me n my sister have fallen out ( nearly 4 years now ) in this time she has had twins and now another son , I'm not allowed 2 c any of them what if anything can I do

Aunts rights [ 7 Answers ]

I have parental responsibility of my step-daughter since I split with her dad,(we are on friendly terms). She has not seen or heard from her mother for 8 years or her mothers family now her aunt(mother half-sister) has got in contact saying she is going to take me to court to get visitation as I`m...

Aunts rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nephew who my brother is withholding from me, just to keep in control. In canadian law, do I have any rights?

Maternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

How can I have my son's father's rights revoked? What's the law on abandonment? I don't have the means for an attorney, I want to know how many years without contact can he be considered abandon

Aunts rights? [ 3 Answers ]

Please can anyone tell me if I have any rights to see my nieces and nephew. I have fallen out with my sister because she has treated my mum really badly as she is going through chemo. She has stopped us both from seeing the children and we are devastated. My mum is not yet strong enough to take...

View more questions Search