Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppac338 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 03:28 AM
    Relinquishing Parental rights in WA state
    I would like to know what if any criteria I had to meet to give up my parental rights in WA state? Also would it make any difference if my children now live in another state?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Hello p:

I don't see why you want to give up rights you're not using... Doesn't make sense to me.

But, you probably really want to know how to end your child support obligation, but you thought you'd ask that way. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2007, 07:01 AM
    To end your rights, you have to petition the courts, and the other bio parent has to agree to allow you to give up your rights.

Now this is just your right to visit, to have a say in the child's life. Since you don't appear to be doing these, what is there to give up.

If you are wanting to not pay child support, you have to pay that even if you give your rights up. The only way not to do that is if the other parent has a new partner that would adopt your child.

A better question would be, how do I keep in contact with my children and be a good parent even if they are in another state
    faulingforyou Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Aug 9, 2013, 12:18 PM
    You can tell that there are a bunch of babies mommas on here answering this. Sometimes, you NEED to give up your rights. My husband has a kid with his ex, and she is six now. She has done nothing but make our lives a living hell and he has no visitation. She keeps threatening him with taking him to court to "make" him see the child so she can keep a foot hold in our lives. Power to you for trying to find a way to make the crazy stop!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing Parental Rights in WA State [ 1 Answers ]

How does one relinquish parental rights pro se in Washington State and will that nullify child support obligations, if there were any?

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 8 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone out there can help up! PLEASE! My fiancé Chris has a daughter that lives in NY state. His ex will not take his calls or text messages when he tries to find out any info about his daughter. We have discussed it long and hard and have decided that we would find out info about...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find paperwork for a parent to relinquish his parental rights?

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 26 Answers ]

I am a 35yr old mother with 4 children. My oldest of 11yrs has never known his father, this was by his choice. I have asked his father if he'd be willing to relinquish his rights as his father and he agreed since he never sees him anyway. Now my question is, how can we go about doing this without...

Relinquishing parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how lengthy the process for relinquishing your parental rights and if you still have to pay child support after wards... we live in Mississippi

View more questions Search