Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockman18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 03:22 PM
    Craftsman Riding Lawn Mowers Troubleshooting
    I have a Craftsman 19.5 hp riding mower with 42'' deck, for the last few weeks it hasn't been cutting the area that falls in between the two blades and I can't seem to figure out what the deal is. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Blades bent or exceptionally dull? Assuming blades too short were not recently installed... because there really is no area between the blades (yes I have a 42" craftsman myself.)
    Rockman18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 03:31 PM
    They have been on it for 4 years, they probably could be sharpened but it's weird that it all of a sudden started doing that and it still cuts fine on the outside edges. Thanks for the help, I will sharpen the blades and see what that does.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockman18 View Post
    They have been on it for 4 years, they probably could be sharpened but it's weird that it all of a sudden started doing that and it still cuts fine on the outside edges. Thanks for the help, I will sharpen the blades and see what that does.
    You may not notice it on the outside edges (the path cut will be a little narrower)... but you will in the center because it normally would be cut.

4 years... its way overdue... of the blades are bent at all... replace them both. You can get them for a great price on eBay... Think I paid like $12-16 for a pair a couple months ago.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 02:05 PM
    Hi,
    Could be won out blades or so much debris stuck to the underside of the deck as to disrupt the air flow.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding lawn tractor won't move troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 42" 6 speed manual tranny riding mower. It is about 2 years old with relatively low mileage. When I first ran it after the winter, it would not move in forward or reverse. I checked the drive belt. It looks in good shape with no apparent wear and tear.

Mtd lawn mowers troubleshooting [ 22 Answers ]

Lawn tractor will not start. Had battery charged, goes to 15amp makes tatata sound when turn the ignition key. Please reply

Troubleshooting craftsman riding mowers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding mower,model 917.271080. Mower starts right up ,but dies when you let your foot off brake.if you set parking brake and get off mower it will still run.but won't run if your on it and let off brake

Craftsman riding mowers [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find shaft measurments for as sears model 917.270631 need 2 get replacment motor

Craftsman riding mowers [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get an owners manual for an older Craftsman mower? It's a Craftsman two,18HP, 44"Deck with 6 speed.

View more questions Search