Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xrossbow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Maple Chase Thermostat Question
    This thermostat is at least 10-11 years old I believe. At one point it had a temperature differential of either 2 or 3 degrees. Somewhere along the line it started working with a one degree differential. I have no manual for this and the instructions in the lid don’t say how to change it.

Anyone know where to find a manual or know how to change it? The only labels I can find on it other than “Maple Chase” on the front, are on the back side and are displayed as such:

Serial #
    93 093

Thanks
    nlewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 07:09 AM
    We have a Maple Chase thermostat as well but it might be slightly newer than yours (8-9 years old). In any case, there are printed instructions on the back:

Set Time/Day/Differential:
    1. Press and hold SET button. Press PROG/MAN button.
    Release both buttons.
    2. Press V or ^ to set the current time. Press SET
    3. Press V or ^ to the number which represents the current day of the week (1=Mon,etc).
    Press SET
    4. Press V or ^ to change the temperature differential. Press SET

Set Program:
    1. Move COOL/OFF/HEAT switch to HEAT or COOL. Press SET
    2. Press V or ^ to change the time for MORN. Press SET
    3. Press V or ^ to change the temp for MORN. Press SET
    4. Repeat steps 2-3 for DAY, EVE, and Night programs.

Hope that helps a little... there is also a helpline: 1 800 445 8299 M-F 7:30am-5:30pm CST
    Xrossbow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Thank you very much for taking the time to type this up. I started playing around with it again a few days ago and finally got it changed. Lost track of how I got to it though.

Mine has a set of instructions on the back also, but neglects to mention anything about the differential setting for some reason. I'll certainly save this info for future reference.

Thanks again... :)
    Allan55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrossbow
    This thermostat is at least 10-11 years old I believe. At one point it had a temperature differential of either 2 or 3 degrees. Somewhere along the line it started working with a one degree differential. I have no manual for this and the instructions in the lid don’t say how to change it.

Anyone know where to find a manual or know how to change it? The only labels I can find on it other than “Maple Chase” on the front, are on the back side and are displayed as such:

Serial #
    93 093

Thanks
    I have what appears to be the same model at about 15 years old. I was fiddling with setting the time and accidentally hit some combination of buttons and now the temperature is displayed in centigrade instead of Fahrenheit.

Does anyone know how to change this back?
    caghylin Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrossbow

Serial #
    93 093

Thanks
    Download the PDF file Robert Shaw model #9600, this is the replacement owners/service manual for the Maple Chase 0960.
    Walter Maag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Question: I have a Maple chase House thermosat Model Indiglo 43153. The instruction bookk given is for a 960T -1 which gives different views of the unit. I want to eliminate the program that somehow got on the unit. If I press Program there is no place to indicate "Manual" Walter Maag
    Blmcamp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Resetting your thermostat.
    if you ever experience a problem with the thermostat and you find it is not working correctly, simply press and release the reste button labeled R. (there are two small silver button that actually looks more like a silver disks on the circuit board just to the left of the plastic chage v (Down) paddle button. The top button is the reset button and the bottom one is the CAL button.)

The RESET button is only accessible when the front cover is removed from the theermostat. This button will also clear the programs you have and will revert the unit to the default settings.

To change the tempature differential.
    1.remove the cover
    2. locate the CAL button, there are two small silver button that actually looks more like a silver disks on the circuit board just to the left of the plastic chage v (Down) paddle button. The top button is the reset button and the bottom one is the CAL button.
    3.Press and hold the cal button. The display will show the calibration offset (small Numbers) and the room tempature.
    4. while holding the CAL, press and release the change ^or V to set the correct room tempature. The calibration offset will change 1 degree per depression and is set at the factory to be 0 degrees F. as the calibration offset changes so will the room tempature.
    MANGLEN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 05:31 PM
    My unit is approx. 12 years old and today I wanted to turn the air on and had message 8 re I changed the batteries but it did not make any difference and I cannot see a tempeerature.
    cthowatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
    Thank you for your response. We must have lost our instruction book and your write up was most helpful.
    Thank You.
    Clarke
    rywill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 01:35 AM
    MY big number on the thermostat for the room tempature is not going up ?

Dec 27, 2012, 01:38 AM
    The big number on my thermostat for the tempature will not go up high what do I need to do ?

Dec 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rywill View Post
    MY big number on the thermostat for the room tempature is not going up ?
    Please help it is cool in my house ?
    jatschantz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 12:28 PM
    I have a maple/chase thermostat that is an older model but I do not know how old. Also the instructions have been misplaced. I don't want to auto program it, I just want to set it manually. How do I do this?
    mec2011cole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 06:43 AM
    My thermostat somehow got switched to Celsius . How do I turn it back to Fahrenheit ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Question [ 2 Answers ]

On a Good man package unit and honeywell thermostat I have orange to O yellow to Y green to G Red to R. The white wire at the unit goes to the heating strips. Does it connect to E or aux at stat?

Chase utley [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a chase utley 2006 fleer ultra rising stars with number urs5

Thermostat question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a White-Rogers, model #1F80-51, thermostat. The thermostat chirps a few times every minute despite the fact that I have changed the batteries out, checking them with a multimeter to make sure the new batteries are of the proper voltage. What should I do next?

Can anyone help with a thermostat question? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Coleman central air unit and electric furnace, it came with a Coleman 7900-7541/a TYPE 1C26-118 thermostat hooked up to it, it has a white,green,yellow,and red wired hooked up to it, there is a blue wire there but it is not hooked up. I am trying to hook up a digital programmable Honeywell...

Thermostat question [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A New Honeywell thermostat that I just installed. And all of the colors are matched up it seems but my air handler will not shut off with my outside unit? And I have replaced the air handler electrical-contactor.

View more questions Search