Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    staciek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Spoon stuck in garbage disposal
    Hello. Can anyone please give me advice on how to remove my spoon from the garbage disposal? It's a small spoon that has beads wrapped around it with metal wiring and it's stuck to the blade. I think the metal wire might be wrapped around the blade. I'm not 100% sure, but I am to get a good grib of the spoon to pull, but it won't come out.

Please help. Thanks so much!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2013, 12:16 PM
    If the grinder blade is jammed, use the allen wrench tool to release the spoon. Insert the tool in the socket under the disposal and twist. If it is still jammed, you may be able to insert a pair of long handled pliers down to grab the spoon. If all else fails, drop the disposal and pry the spoon out.
    xx-man Posts: 37, Reputation: -1

Jun 15, 2013, 08:10 AM
    FIRST THING... unplug the disposal... the outlet and plug should be under the sink... rarely are they hard wired to the circuitry... It will most likely be eisiest if you simply drop the disposal by unscrewing the metal holding ring located between the bottom of the sink and the unit itself... once that is done it will give you total accessibility to the blades to un-jam... I say this from experience... it's easy to figure out how to do it... and it gets easier each time... LOLOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garbage disposal doesn't turn on, just hums, although flywheel is not stuck [ 8 Answers ]

It is one day before a party I'm throwing and my garbage disposal won't turn on. There is a humming sound. The reset button has been reset and the allen wrench does move the flywheel freely indicating the flywheel isn't stuck. Help!

Garbage disposal [ 1 Answers ]

What tools do I need and how do I go about removing a garbage disposal and putting in a regular drain and trap. It sounds to me like it should be a fairly easy job but I want to be sure before I attack it. Thanks, Jim

Allen Wrench stuck in garbage disposal [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! Our garbage disposal would not turn on, but just made a humming sound. So I took an Allen wrench and inserted it into the hole at the very bottom of the unit and turned the wrench. This freed up the unit... and it would be operational now, but the Allen wrench got stuck in the bottom...

Spoon in garbage disposal [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 3/4 PRO garbage disposal. It stopped working due to spoon caught between the blades. My husband was able to remove the spoon. He reset the button but nothing happens.. does this mean the grinder is gone for good? Money is tight nowadays, I hope somebody can tell me what to do.. thanks

Garbage disposal [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had a problem running my garbage disposal before until I replaced it with a bigger and better one. Now my disposal backs up, and when I run the disposal, it backs up into the adjoining sink! Please help! Hi Mom, Sounds like you have a clog in the lateral, (horizontal ) pipe in...

View more questions Search