Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emang77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Hunter fan DIP switch
    I have 2 hunter fans w/remotes how do I change 1of the DIP switches in the remote? Do they pull out or something? They do not seem to slide, but I do not want to break it either? They are in rooms next to each other and we keep turning the light on and off on each other?
    hektor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 03:09 PM
    I used toothpick and gently pried the small unit by getting underneath it and gently pulling up---
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
    Paper clip with a short bend at the end may get it.
    Just as you mention, just need to change 1, easiest 1.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 06:45 PM
    If you change the DIP in the remote, you need to change it in the receiver too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Avian fan and default dip switch settings [ 0 Answers ]

Does the Harbor Breeze Avian fan come with default dip switch setting? I accidentally changed mine and now I have to always have the fan on with the light. I'd like to reset it to the proper dip switch settings. Thanks! Gloria

Trying to install a new hunter ceiling fan and a new hunter switch fan and dimmer in [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a new hunter ceiling fan and a new hunter switch fan and dimmer in one... I can get the light to work on the dimmer and or the fan and light on the dimmer but not the fan to work on the fan switch... I don't know where the blue wire coming out of the switch goes ...

Fan switch on hunter ceiling fan model #20537 not working. [ 1 Answers ]

The fan switch on my hunter ceiling fan model #20537 is not working. What colored wires are supposed to go into the switch, and at what position on the switch? I have 3 wires, green, brown and gray. The switch has 4 slots, 3 L 2 1

Hunter fan 3 speed fan pull switch broke [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and her mood pulled the fan speed cable and yanked it out of the fan. How can I remove the cover or get to the part so I can put the chain back in to turn on the fan. This is a hunmter 3 speed fan with 4 lights attached under the fan. I could not find the model number.

Hunter Fan Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if the light switch on a Hunter fan has to replaced with a Hunter light switch, specifically. The electrical guy at Lowe's in our area says 'no' that a light switch to a fan is 'universal.' The light switches they sold at the store could be used on any brand of fan. Could...

View more questions Search