Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nightwalker21492 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I've been getting sick while having my period.
    For my last two periods, I've been getting really really sick. Every time I get it, I throw up so much I lose more than 5 pounds while I have it... and I'm only 15, what should I do? But I don't want my parents to know, because they won't do anything about it... what can I do to stop myself from getting sick?:(
    Shine Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 07:47 PM
    I suggest you see the school nurse, but you should let your parents know, you may need to go to the doctor.
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2007, 04:08 PM
    You need to see the doctor. I had a co-worker who goes through torture every month when she has her period. Her family has gotten used to her crying and bedridden from the pain and sickness of her menstrual cycle.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Mar 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Before I had children I also had the same problem, symptoms would include: vomiting and severe abdominal pain, sometimes I could'nt take the pain anymore and my body would fell asleep by itself. The only thing that helped was a injection which I receive from the doctor, other than that there was not much that they could do for me.
    chica01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 09:03 PM
    I get these monthly too. It hurts so bad. I also loose 5 pounds at this time and gain it back and then some. I usually get it the day after my period starts. I wish there was something to do before so I don't have to go through the pain.
    melanie_edge22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 11:37 AM
    I get this two I can't stop being sick usually lasts around 7-10 days the abdominal pain is awful can barely get out of bed with it if I where you I would see a doctor.
    Lyndsey_92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
    I have had problems with my period for years. Syptoms are: being viloently sick, runny poo, hot and cold sweats, bedridden, can't keep down solids or liquids for 2 days straight, dizziness and excruciating pains. I have actually been rushed to
    Hospital before where I was told to see a gynecologist (female womb doctor) but when I went to get referred they just stuck me on the pill. I have been on a number of pills that have not worked and they told me it was down to hormones.

My dad is fantastic with me when I have my periods he runs me a warm bath (not too hot as this can aggrovate it more), makes me a hot water bottle one for my lower stomach and one for my lower back then he puts me in bed with a bowl and buys me lucazade. If like me you can't keep down even a mouthful of water still sip some as bringing up stomach acid is bad for you. The reason my dad gets me lucazade is to keep up my sugar levels as I get mentally and physically drained.

Make sure you tell your parents as you can not deal with it on your own and their your parents of course they will want to help. Make an appointment with your doctor and be firm and stand your ground as I had difficulties with my doctors and nurse to the point where I nearly filed a complaint and switched all together. Let your parents see what it is like for you so that they may even suggest seeing a doctor. If they suggest pills ask them to explain why they think that is the best choice and if you want a second opinion ask to be referred. THERE IS NO SHAME IT IS YOUR BODY!! I hope this helped hun. Good luck.
    RACHELLMCK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Well I am a parent of a 15 year old with the same problems and I can tell you YOUR PARENTS NEED TO KNOW!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I sick? Is my period too long? [ 11 Answers ]

I am worried and so is my mom... I got my period about 3 months ago and it started normal... 3 to 4 days but then it started lasting longer... a lot longer. My period has now been going on for over 2 weeks!! Please tell me if I have to go see a doctor and what kind of illness I could have.

Sick. 24/7 [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm a 15 years old teenager who is always sick... and no I'm not being sarcastic and exaderating. I was sick I don't know how many times in the past 4 months.. 2 weeks ago I was sick with a really bad cold/flu and I got medication for my throat.. On Monday I got sick again.. :eek: This is so not...

So sick... [ 10 Answers ]

I feel so sick. I have been in love with one guy for about 6 years now and it's so hard because he's a nice guy but he isn't in love with me. We started dating, I fell in love, he started to taper off, he went through some hard times it became on and off but I was still in love and couldn't let...

Sick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and I have an awful cold. I nanny a little boy who got me sick and not I can't seem to get reid of it. It getting worst because I can't sleep eather. What can I do to help get reid of it. I herd green tea helps. Can I drink that? And can I use vicks vaper? Or are there any...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

View more questions Search