Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrismiss23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 07:43 PM
    4-Wire thermostat installation. Red, White, Blue, Green
    I am installing a Lux TX9000TS digital thermostat. The wires I have are Red, White, Blue & Green. On the Thermostat I have W, Y, G, B, O, RH RC (Jumper) & C. My question is where does the Blue wire go? My father in law put it on the B, but when the furnace kicks on, the AC fan also kicks on. I have a Bryant Plus 90 Gas Furnace and an old Central AC unit (don't know the name). From what I've read, the Blue is either going to go to C or Y, but which one is it? Thanks!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Red to R
    White to W
    Green to G
    Blue to Y
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2012, 03:14 PM
    wmproop nailed it. Long time no see wmproop. How you been?
    silver300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Old wiring is blue,red,green and white,rh and rc wire is black.What matches what
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 20, 2013, 01:12 PM
    It really depends on how things are wired at the furnace. But the standard is red to rh with a jumper between rh and rc, white to w, green to g, blue to y. However, if you have a black to rh-rc, you need to look in the furnace and let us know were wires are hooked.
    ron_f Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2017, 01:01 PM
    Blue could also connect to C. Blue is 24 VAC Common wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have Blue, Green, White and Red coming from wire out of wall [ 1 Answers ]

The Red I hooked up to RC with a jumper to Rh The Green I hooked up to G The White I hooked up to W/B The Blue I hooked up to Y/O due to I do not have a heat pump Just checking to make sure this is correct or not.

How to wire noma with 5 wires blue, white, green,yellow, red [ 0 Answers ]

Noma I have o/b , y , r, g, w. I do connect why to yellow, are to red, g to green, w to white and o/b to? If I connect blue to o/b only AC works but no heat . But should I change to so AC and heat work. Thanks

How to wiring noma thermostat with 5 wires blue, white, green,yellow, red, [ 1 Answers ]

I have white =w, green=g yellow=y red=r and o/b options on the new noma thermostat ( old thermostat was carrier )

I just switched my thermostat it has 7 wires red,orange,yellow green,white, blue,brwn [ 1 Answers ]

The thermostat I bought doesn't match all the letters that are associated with the wires I do got we attatched most the wires but we got 3 left over the brown one the blue and red wires and we don't know where to connect them to turn the heat on

View more questions Search