Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny58 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Stanadyne single handle tub&shower faucet repair
    How do you dissassemble and where do you get repair parts. It leaks from behind the knob into the tub and behind, dripping onto lower level concrete (tri-level house).
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 4, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny58 View Post
    How do you dissassemble and where do you get repair parts. It leaks from behind the knob into the tub and behind, dripping onto lower level concrete (tri-level house).
    Hey Johnny,
    Moen markets Stanadyn Faucets. Here's a close image,(see below) Tell me if this looks anything near yiour faucet? Pull the knob and face plate and tell me where it's leaking from. Regards, tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 03:49 PM

Hello Johnny,

Click on the link below and find your faucet click on that and will show how to replace the cartridge, Good luck.

John

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge
    jillneedshelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
    The link's dead. I'm trying to find a square cartridge for a stanadyne single handle pull shower faucet.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2013, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillneedshelp View Post
    The link's dead. I'm trying to find a square cartridge for a stanadyne single handle pull shower faucet.
    In an older faucet, you need to go to a good plumbing supply company for parts. HD, Lowe's and others only carry fast moving parts. Check ACE, they sometimes have dust gatherers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Something broken inside my tub shower single handle faucet [ 8 Answers ]

This morning I noticed something strange with the faucet in my tub. It is a single handle tub shower faucet made by Moen. Rather then starting with the handle down in the off position and turning anti-clockwise to turn on, I need to turn it clockwise to turn on and anti-clockwise to turn off with...

Fix leaking Stanadyne shower faucet [ 5 Answers ]

How can I get to the stem out to replace the washer?

How to install a single handle shower faucet [ 5 Answers ]

My shower has separate hot and cold water, I want to install one single handle. Do I need to do anything with the plumbing?

Removing screws in old Stanadyne shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove highly resistant screws within an old Stanadyne shower faucet?

View more questions Search