Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buszer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Hunter ceiling fan wiring diagram?
    I am installing a hunter fan. Three wires come out of the top of the fan, white, black and a black/white wire. I imagine the white goes to white, black goes to black, but what do I attach the black/white one to? The only green I see is on the mounting bracket.
    MCM232 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 11:19 AM
    The black/white wire will also attach to the black line if you will be using the fans pull chains to control the lights and speed with only one wall switch to provide power. The wires are separated in case you want to have one wall switch for the fan and another one for the light. The green on the housing will attach to your homes ground line, usually a bare copper.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Hello, for wiring this guide is really helpful

Ceiling Fan Wiring Instructions, Electrical Wiring for Ceiling Fan by Wiring Color
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
    (two year old post... )
    lowvoltdan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2014, 02:42 PM
    I have a hunter fan with remote receiver that has multiple color wires. I have identified wich ones go to the fan motor and they are, red gray, yellow, and pink. I have new remote receiver but it only has hot and neutral input and output (black and white) wires. How do I connect this to my fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan with light fixture wiring diagram [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan, model 25466 with a light kit. While wiring the light fixture some of the wires were pulled loose. I need to find out what wires go with which ones to fix it. Going into the fan are three wires, one black, one white, and one black and white striped. On the bottom of the...

Wiring diagram for hunter ceiling fan with light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hunter ceiling fan that had a remote I lost the remote so I took out the module now I connected the black to black whie to white and I have fan but no light

Hunter ceiling fan wiring [ 2 Answers ]

My house is prewired. A red wire, black and a white wire. Ceiling fan came with a green (ground) , black ,white and a black\white wire. I only have one switch,for both light and fan. The instructions state black to black & black\white wire, white to white but nothing for the red wire. I looked on...

Wiring diagram for Hunter fan [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find wirings diagrams for Hunter fans?

Hunter ceiling fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with wiring a hunter baseball fan light switch. The old switch broke and I have a new one. There are only two wires coming from it(black and black w/with stripe). I have tried to connect with others but is not working, any help please thanks

View more questions Search