Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khardcastle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 11:47 PM
    How many arteries are in the human body?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 29, 2008, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by khardcastle
    Arteries is a collection name. An artery is a vessel that carries (with exception of the umbilical and pulmonary arteries) oxygenated blood. The biggest artery is the aorta. There are millions of the smallest arteries, all of different size and diameter. So unless a limit is set for the specification of the minimum size of the smallest arteries to allow in the counting process, there is no answer to that question. But even than the limitation means that not all arteries are taken into account, while the question intend to do that. And that is the reason why no specific number can be provided, and why no answer to that question can be found in books or on the Internet.
    So let's keep the answer on the question of how many arteries there are in the human body on many, many millions. That is the next to nearest correct number.
    ;)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 08:18 PM
    The main artery the dorsal aorhta divides and branches into smaller arteries in each part of our body so an exact count is virtually impossible.
    blueblueblue99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
    ***?? How am I supposed to ****ing know!! All the answers are different. I'm going to fail my first health test grrrrrr websites are very unreliable.
    jhjgtygh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 04:12 AM
    Hahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahah ahahaahahah your answer
    darikhunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 02:36 AM
    Several things: Marine Force Recon, Army Delta, Green Berets, Air Force Forward Air Control, and DEFINITELY Navy SEALs will not give a rat's behind where you stick that knife blade. You simply get the shank in the right place, at the right time. 'Cause they say so. At a certain point, one can get TOO technical. Remaining alive is NOT too technical to these people. They get it right.
    Pacobeans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Yes.
    Bobby1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 10:41 PM
    Roughly 9
    RubyRed519 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 08:02 AM
    I hate that F*****g Artey Tomorrow is my test :( :(
    RubyRed519 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 08:04 AM
    I Think... There are two main coronary arteries--the right coronary artery and the left coronary artery.
    The right coronary artery splits off into two more arteries, known as the right marginal artery and the posterior descending artery. The left coronary artery splits into two additional arteries as well--the circumflex artery and the left anterior descending artery. This makes six total arteries in the human heart
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 08:26 AM
    The answer is what is said in your text book. Most courses, public and secondary school, will teach what their text says, even if the answer is wrong or inaccurate. It is there, it will require you to do your homework and readings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids show w/ the human body [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the show where the guy dressed up in a suit showing the insides of the human body?

Human Body Interactions and Smoothies [ 1 Answers ]

How does drinking smoothies interacts with each body system?

Electrolytes in the human body [ 1 Answers ]

What is the mechanisms, chemical reaction and structure of electrolytes in the body?

Human Anatomy. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been out of college for a few years and am looking at taking a few classes as prerequisites for medical record coding. I have about 2 years left in the service and want something that I can hit the ground running with so I am looking at starting as soon as possible with this. The only...

I am only human [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Ok, I blew it. I contacted my ex after a 3 week period of no contact. I feel like crap and I am beating myself up. I had a lot of support from all of you, and I appreciate it. But, I do make mistakes. She didn't have time for me and said she said she didn't have time to contact...

View more questions Search